Our Crockpot Lasagna Soup recipe is the easiest way to get your lasagna fix. It’s meaty, it’s saucy, it’s cheesy, and it’s delicious! The best part is that it takes just 10 minutes of prep.
This recipe costs about $10.80 to make 6 servings, which is just $1.80 per serving.
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Soup season is the best season! And when the soup is made in the slow cooker, it is that much better! This recipe takes all the traditional flavors of our favorite Lasagna Recipe without the layering and waiting on it to bake! It is the literal definition of comfort food in a bowl.
The soup combines meaty, tomato flavor topped with cheese and herbs for a hearty and filling meal. You can set it and forget it with this recipe, and when you walk in the door for dinner, your house will smell heavenly. This is the perfect weeknight meal for those busy and chilly days.
Make sure you make a batch of our Easy Garlic Bread to go along with this Crockpot Lasagna Soup; it’s delicious!
What can I substitute for no-boil lasagna noodles?
If you do not have lasagna noodles, you can easily substitute your favorite pasta, such as orzo, farfalle, and elbows.
Can you cook uncooked pasta in a sauce?
Absolutely! This is just one more reason to make Lasagna Soup in the crockpot. It is just so easy! Just be sure to add the pasta during the last 30 minutes of cook time to ensure the noodles do not get too mushy and absorb too much liquid.
Should I put my crockpot on high or low?
Generally speaking, the main difference between the high and low settings on a crockpot is the amount of time it takes to reach the temperature the food will be cooked at. So if a recipe is cooked on high for one hour in the crockpot, you can expect to cook it on low for about two to two and a half hours. Typically, the high setting temperature is about 300 degrees F, and the low setting temperature is 200 degrees F.
How to make Crockpot Lasagna Soup recipe:
STEP ONE: First, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook ground beef and Italian sausage. Once they are half-way done cooking, add the garlic and onion and finish cooking and drain the grease.
STEP TWO: Then put the meat into the crockpot. Add in the tomatoes, beef broth, vegetable juice, and seasonings.
STEP THREE: Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Then add in the lasagna noodles and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Finally, top with cheese, parsley, or basil, and enjoy.
The Flavor and Recipe Variations
- We like the flavor that both the ground beef and Italian sausage give the soup. You can use either all ground beef or all Italian sausage.
- If you don’t have lasagna noodles, you can use any type of pasta.
How much will this Best Crockpot Lasagna Soup recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $10.80
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.80
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.14
- 1/2 pound ground beef – $1.55
- 4 cloves garlic – $0.20
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage – $1.74
- 4 cups beef broth – $1.32
- 1/2 cup yellow onion – $0.31
- 1 cup vegetable juice – $0.31
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes – $0.87
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes – $0.98
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning – $0.26
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper – $0.04
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese – $1.15
- 6-8 dry lasagna noodles – $0.48
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese – $1.44
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How long is it good for:
Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this Lasagna Soup out for longer than 2 hours.
Store: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Any longer than that and the noodles will become too soft.
Freeze: The only way we recommend freezing this recipe is to do so before it is cooked. Place the soup mixture, minus the lasagna noodles, in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw the soup mixture before placing it in a slow cooker. Cook as per the recipe below.
RELATED: Skillet Lasagna
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
Ages 2-3: Let your little one put the lasagna noodles into the soup just before it has finished cooking. They can help you give the lasagna a good stir.
Ages 4-5: There is a lot of measuring to prepare this soup. Have your child help you with this.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child how to brown the meats. Show them how to use a meat masher to help as they cook it.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
More Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup Olive Garden Copycat
- Italian Harvest Soup
- Mom’s Crockpot Broccoli Casserole
- Cranberry Meatballs
- Crockpot Chili With Cheese
- White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Greek Yogurt
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Crack Chicken – Cheesy Ranch Bacon Chicken
- Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- slow cooker
- measuring cups
- large skillet
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Liquid measuring cup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup vegetable juice
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes undrained
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6-8 dry lasagna noodles broken into small pieces
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh chopped basil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil, and cook ground beef and Italian sausage until halfway done, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion and continue to cook until the meat is cooked through and the onions are softened, another 3-4 minutes. Drain grease.
- Put meat mixture into a crockpot. Add in tomatoes, beef broth, vegetable juice, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Add in lasagna noodles and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve, top with cheese, parsley, or basil and enjoy.