This Easy Garlic Bread is great with soups, pasta dishes, and casseroles. The best part is that it’s done in 10 minutes and costs just $1.04 to make and 18¢ per serving.
Garlic bread, mmmm! That’s the best way to describe this easy homemade garlic bread. Have you ever noticed when you buy it pre-made in the store, while it’s convenient, it’s kind of greasy when you bake it? You can eat it, and it’s ok, but it is not nearly as good as this easy garlic bread. And believe it or not but this easy garlic bread recipe is also cheaper than buying it pre-made at the store. So, you’re telling me it tastes better and it’s less expensive?! Sign me up. This is life-changing people! Who knew an easy homemade garlic bread could change your life right?!
Easy Garlic Bread Questions Answered:
How do you warm up garlic bread?
Typically, 350 degrees is the best temperature to heat up your bread in your oven. This will ensure that the edges of the bread don’t catch before the rest of the bread is heated through. I like to wrap the bread in foil and place it directly on the oven rack for 10-12 minutes, or until the bread is warmed through.
How to make Easy Garlic Bread:
- First, preheat the oven and place the bread, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Nest, melt the butter in the microwave and stir in garlic powder and dried oregano.
- Then, brush the butter mixture over the bread and bake for 4-6 minutes.
- Finally, slice and serve!
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Have them mix the butter and garlic mixture together, and have them help you brush the butter mixture onto the bread with a pastry brush.
- Ages 4-5: Show them how to safely cut a piece of foil from the roll and have them line the baking sheet with foil.
- Ages 6-8: Show them how to identify a microwave-safe bowl (have them look for the stamp on the bottom of the bowl). Teach them safe knife skills and have them cut 3 tablespoons of butter from the stick. Finally, have them measure the garlic powder and oregano.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Instead of dried oregano, you can use dried parsley or basil.
- If you want cheesy garlic bread, then add 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese over the butter mixture.
What to Serve with Garlic Bread:
This would be a great side to serve with Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, Chicken Pasta Salad, Tomato Chicken Alfredo, or a classic Lasagna.
How long is this good for:
- Serve: The bread will keep for up to 4 hours at room temperature before it starts to stale.
- Store: Keep leftovers wrapped in foil in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze this recipe, either baked or unbaked, for up to 2 months. You’ll want to defrost the bread before baking or reheating in the oven.
How much will this Easy Garlic Bread cost:
Recipe Cost: $1.04
Recipe Cost When You Use Our French Bread Recipe: $1.00
Cost Per Serving: $0.18
Cost Per Serving When You Use Our French Bread Recipe: $0.16
To find out more on how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- ½ loaf French bread – $0.50
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter – $0.30
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.05
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano – $0.19
Easy Garlic Bread
- baking sheet
- small microwave-safe bowl
- pastry brush
- ½ loaf French bread cut lengthwise
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 475 degrees Line a baking sheet with foil and place the French bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for 20-30 seconds, or until completely melted. Whisk in garlic powder and oregano.
- Brush the butter mixture all over the cut surface of the French bread.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes, or until golden brown along the edges of the bread. Cool for 1 minute and then slice and serve.