The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs recipe is an easy no-boil method for making the perfect hard-boiled egg method that is completely hands-off! Move over, boiling pot of water; there is a new resource in town for hard-boiling eggs! Boiling water to hard boil eggs was so last year. Who has time anymore to stand there waiting for the water to boil when you want a few eggs? We do not, that’s for sure! Making hard-boiled eggs in the Air Fryer is easier, faster, and hands-off!
Making six hard-boiled eggs in the Air Fryer only costs about $1.38. That works out to be approximately $0.23 per egg!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs (Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer)
We love hard-boiled eggs year-round, especially as an after-school snack. Making them in the Air Fryer is a quick and straightforward way to have a few eggs ready without waiting for water to boil.
Using the Air Fryer to make hard-boiled eggs is so easy it will become your new favorite process. The eggs come out perfect and are easy to peel every time!
We have a guide to show you exactly how long to cook the eggs to the desired doneness you like. With our recipe, you will never have undercooked or overcooked hard-boiled eggs again.
Reasons you’ll love Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
- Convenience: When making hard-boiled eggs in an air fryer, you don’t need to monitor a pot of boiling water or set timers. Simply place the eggs in the air fryer, set the temperature and time, and let the air fryer do the work.
- Consistency: Air fryers provide a consistent and even heat distribution, which can result in evenly cooked eggs. As the air fryer maintains a stable cooking environment, you’re less likely to encounter issues like overcooked or undercooked eggs.
- Texture and Taste: Air frying can give hard-boiled eggs a slightly different texture than boiling. Some people find air-fried eggs have a creamier, custard-like consistency, while others appreciate the slightly crisp exterior.
Hard Boiled Eggs Air Fryer Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 6 eggs – $1.38
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in May 2023.
How to Hard Boil Eggs in Air Fryer
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, preheat the air fryer to 250 degrees.
- Next, add the eggs to the fryer basket.
- Cook for 13 minutes for soft-boiled, 15 minutes for medium-boiled, or 17 minutes for hard-boiled.
- While the eggs are cooking, place ice and water in a large bowl.
- Then, when the eggs are cooked, immediately place them in the ice bath for ten minutes.
- Finally, peel the hard-boiled eggs and slice them in half before sprinkling them with everything bagel seasoning (optional) and enjoy.
Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer Storage
SERVE: Cut the eggs in half after peeling them and sprinkle them with Everything Bagel seasoning.
STORE: Store the eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
FREEZE: We suggest only freezing the yolks if you want to freeze hard-boiled eggs. The whites become rubbery and inedible once they’re frozen and defrosted. To freeze the yolks, place them in a freezer-safe container and freeze them for 4-5 months.
DEFROST: Defrost the egg yolks in the refrigerator overnight.
Air Fryer Boiled Eggs Recipe FAQs
There are a few quick ways to tell whether a hard-boiled egg is fresh. If, after peeling the egg, the yolk is discolored or has a rotten smell, it is spoiled, and you should discard it. You can also do the float test. If the egg floats in a bowl of water, it is still fresh. However, if the egg sinks, it is rotten and should not be consumed.
The exact time will vary based on your air fryer, as each works differently. The timing will also depend on the doneness you prefer for your eggs. For a general guide, soft-boiled eggs will take about thirteen minutes, medium-boiled will take fifteen minutes, and hard-boiled will take seventeen minutes. Again, adjust the time as needed based on your Air Fryer.
Some believe eggs will explode in an air fryer, but we are here to tell you they absolutely will not! Wow, that would be quite a mess if they did explode. Instead, cooking eggs in their shell is a safe and efficient way to make hard-boiled eggs.
You will want to preheat your Air Fryer to 250 degrees F to cook the eggs. See the recipe card for details on how long to cook the eggs at 250 degrees F to get your desired doneness
– Between the three of us, we have made thousands of hard-boiled eggs, and one of our favorite methods is to cook them in our Air Fryer. It is mind-blowing how easy it is to just put the eggs, with the shell on, into the Air Fryer and have perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs in less than twenty minutes.
– Our experience has been that the shells are easy to peel after cooking in the Air Fryer, and it is a hands-off, simple process because you no longer need to stand over a pot of water to watch it boil or even need water at all to make these Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs.
Get Kids Involved with these Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Ages 2-3: Guide your child’s hands as they help carefully set the eggs into the Air Fryer basket. Practice counting skills as they count the number of eggs they place in the basket.
Ages 4-5: Ask your child to prepare the ice water bath to set the eggs in it once they have finished cooking.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child to preheat the Air Fryer and set the timer. They can make this recipe independently as an after-school snack or help you prepare the eggs for another recipe.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer Budget Tips
We buy our eggs at Costco throughout the year, as we find it more cost-effective to buy them in bulk. However, eggs do go on sale around the Easter holiday, and of course, this is the time of year to traditionally dye Easter Eggs, so you can find them on sale if you keep an eye on the grocery ads.
MORE EASTER RECIPES
- Ambrosia Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- Mashed Potatoes
- Asparagus in the Oven
- Easter Bunny Rolls
- Copycat Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
- Hash Brown Casserole
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Fresh Green Beans Almondine
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs (How to Hard Boil Eggs in Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer
- large bowl
- 6 eggs
- Everything bagel seasoning optional
PREHEAT AIR FRYER
- Preheat the air fryer at 250 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the fryer basket and cook for soft-boiled for 13 minutes, medium-boiled for 15 minutes, or hard-boiled for 17 minutes.
MAKE ICE BATH:
- While the eggs are cooking, make an ice bath. Add ice and water to a large bowl.
- As soon as the eggs come out of the oven, place them in the ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and store the eggs in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, slice an egg in half and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning (optional) and serve.