The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Our Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is a creamy and delicious Olive Garden copycat recipe that the entire family will love!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a warm classic served at Olive Garden, but you can make it at home for only $11.32! This recipe serves six, and it breaks down to just $1.89 per serving.
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup
It is always a good time for soup, salad, and breadsticks at Olive Garden, am I right? Except when it is not good on your wallet or your hips and doesn’t work in your schedule to get out!
We are sharing one of our all-time favorite soup recipes with you today in a healthier, lighter, easier, and affordable way that you make in the comfort of your sweat pants.
Our version gives you that same creamy and rich taste you love about the original. A few minutes of prep-time to assemble and put it in the slow cooker is all you need.
The soup is full of veggies, chicken, and gnocchi. It is a warm bowl of comfort for those chilly nights or an easy meal to keep you from using the oven during the summer.
Can you freeze gnocchi soup?
Yes, this soup freezes well. Place it in an airtight container, and it will stay keep for up to two months in the freezer.
How many calories are in Olive Garden’s chicken gnocchi soup?
One bowl of Chicken Gnocchi Soup at Olive Garden has 230 calories. Our version has … calories per serving.
What is the definition of gnocchi?
The Italian favorite is a dumpling made of flour, eggs, and potatoes. It is an excellent alternative to pasta found in many Italian dishes.
How much will this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $11.32
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.89
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen chicken breasts – $4.68
- 2 large garlic cloves – $0.10
- 1 medium yellow onion – $0.62
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning – $0.09
- 1 cup carrots – $0.40
- salt and pepper – $0.03
- 1 pound package gnocchi – $1.88
- 3 cups chicken broth – $0.92
- 1 cup celery – $0.54
- 4 cups half-and-half – $1.76
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch – $0.09
- 1 cup fresh spinach – $0.21
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How to make Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe:
STEP ONE: First, place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add the onion, celery, and garlic on top. Next, add the Italian season, salt, and pepper. Pour in the chicken broth.
STEP TWO: Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Next, shred the chicken with two forks.
STEP THREE: Whisk together the cornstarch and half-and-half. Then pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
STEP FOUR: Next, add the gnocchi and shredded carrots to the slow cooker and cover. Set the temperature to high and cook for an additional 45-60 minutes.
STEP FIVE AND SIX: Finally, stir in chopped spinach and cook for an additional three minutes. Don’t forget to season it with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- slow cooker
- wooden spoon
- medium bowl
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- liquid measuring cup
- measuring cups
How long is it good for:
Serve: As with most recipes with chicken in them, you shouldn’t leave this Gnocchi Soup out for longer than 2 hours.
Store: Keep the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Place it in an airtight container, and it will stay keep for up to two months in the freezer.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
Ages 2-3: Let them help pour the ingredients into the slow cooker. Since this is a dump-and-go recipe, this will be easy and fun for them.
Ages 4-5: Have your kiddo practice counting while they help you measure out and pour in the ingredients.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child about the slow cooker and how to turn it on and set it. They can measure out and pour in the ingredients on their own.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
More Copycat Recipes:
- Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
- Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein
- Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- slow cooker
- Wooden spoon
- Medium bowl
- Measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- Liquid measuring cup
- measuring cups
- 1 ½ lbs frozen chicken tenders or breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 pound package gnocchi
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of a large slow cooker (at least 6-quarts). Place onion, celery, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Add Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth, cover the slow cooker with the lid, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hour or HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces using two forks.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornstarch and half-and-half. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add gnocchi and shredded carrots to the slow cooker and cover the slow cooker. Increase the heat to HIGH (if you previously had it on LOW). Cook for 45-60 minutes, or until the soup is thickened and the gnocchi is cooked through.
- Stir in chopped spinach, cover, and cook for 3 more minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.