This Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo recipe takes just 30 minutes to make and is incredibly delicious. It serves 6 and costs $6.00 to make. That’s just $1 per serving!
For another delicious copycat recipe, we recommend our Panera Mac and Cheese.
Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
We recently needed your help to pick a recipe to go up on our site and you all came to our aid and exceeded our expectations! As we were working on our calendar for the year we wanted to make sure we were meeting your needs. That’s one of our main goals after all!
We asked you to complete a survey telling us what kinds of recipes you wanted to see on our website. One of the categories was Copycat recipes. A lot of the suggestions were for various Olive Garden recipes. We were happy to see this because let’s be honest, who doesn’t love Olive Garden?!
We sure do, but who wants to spend all that money on eating out? A copycat recipe is a perfect solution. Especially when you can make this recipe for a family of 6 for less than you’d spend on one order of fettuccine alfredo at Olive Garden!
Lick the Bowl Good!
This Fettuccine Alfredo which is literally “lick the bowl good”! My 5-year-old, after licking her bowl clean, told me it was “1000% good!” That is a serious testimonial on the tastiness of this Fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
Are you one who is hesitant to try a copycat recipe? Don’t worry, this is totally normal! I think a lot of us feel that way. We are nervous because we know how delicious it is at the restaurant and we don’t want to mess it up!
Well, we are here to help you overcome your fears. This Fettuccine Alfredo is so easy to make and comes together in just 30 minutes. It’s super creamy and tastes better when you can eat it in your own home and not have to wait for who knows how long to be seated at a table and wait for your food.
Keep reading and we will walk you through the steps to create this Homemade Copycat Fettuccine Alfredo!
Recipe Questions Answered
What can I add to store-bought Alfredo sauce?
What side dishes go with Fettuccine Alfredo?
Is Fettuccine Alfredo healthy?
How to Make Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe:
- First, cook the fettuccine.
- Next, make the Alfredo sauce by melting the butter and then adding in the garlic to cook for a minute.
- Then add in whipping cream and pepper and bring to a bubble.
- Add in cheeses and stir until sauce thickens.
- Finally, spoon the sauce over the drained fettuccine and serve.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them help measure you measure the shredded cheese. They can also help you gather the pot, sauce, pan and whisk needed to make the recipe.
- Ages 4-5: Have your kiddo break up the noodles to put them into the pot of water. Put oven mitts on their hands so no boiling water splashes on them. They can also help stir the sauce.
- Ages 6-8: Let them cook and stir the fettuccine noodles and help make the sauce.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Add chicken to make this a classic dish. You can use grilled chicken, baked chicken, or even our shredded chicken.
- I recently made the alfredo sauce, boiled a pound of fun shaped pasta, and threw in 2 cups of chopped leftover ham and a 12-ounce package of steamed peas for a completely different dish! My entire family gobbled it up! See the picture of the dish below.
More recipes using noodles or pasta
- 20-Minute Thai Peanut Noodles
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Italian Harvest Soup
- Chicken Pasta Salad
More $10 recipes:
- BBQ Chicken Braid
- Easy Chana Masala
- Grilled Cheese Sloppy Joes
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie
- Italian Zucchini Boats
- Jenna’s Chicken Pillows
- Large Batch Freezer Meatballs
How long is this good for:
- Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this Fettuccine Alfredo out for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If possible, store the alfredo sauce and the pasta separately. This is because the sauce needs to reheat at a low, slow temperature so it doesn’t break or become grainy.
- Freeze: Because of all the dairy in the sauce, it will not freeze well.
How much will this Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo recipe cost:
RECIPE COST: $6.00
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.00
- 16-ounce package fettuccine – $1.28
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter – $0.50
- 2 Large cloves garlic – $0.10
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream – $1.94
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black or white pepper – $0.02
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese – $1.31
- 2/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese – $0.85
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- large colander
- large pot
- liquid measuring cup
- large saucepan
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- wooden spoon
Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- large colander
- large pot
- large saucepan
- Liquid measuring cup
- measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- 16 ounce package fettuccine
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground black or white pepper
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the fettuccine as per the package instructions and drain.
MAKE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add garlic and cook and stir constantly until the garlic is fragrant about 30-60 seconds.
- Add in whipping cream and pepper and bring the mixture to a bubble (NOT a boil). Once bubbling, reduce the heat to simmer and simmer while stirring often until the mixture has thickened. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and continue to cook and stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the alfredo sauce over the drained fettuccine and serve.