The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Our Copycat Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake is refreshing, easy to make, and a fraction of what real peppermint milkshakes cost!
Skip the drive-thru and save some extra dough by making this Copycat Peppermint Shake at home for about $6.04 for six servings. That is only a couple of dollars more than the price for one shake at Chick-Fil-A! Our recipe costs approximately $1.06 per serving!
You will love this copycat Peppermint Milkshake Chick Fil A recipe
A peppermint shake at Chick-fil-A is over $4.00. While they are so good, that is a little pricey. With our copycat recipe, you can make your own peppermint shake for a fraction of the cost.
With the sweet chocolate chips mixed with candy cane bits in ice cream form, the cool peppermint is everything you need this holiday season. In fact, the great thing about this recipe is you no longer have to be limited to indulging in this sweet treat for only two months out of the year.
The shake is a seasonal item and is only available from mid-November to early January at Chick-fil-A. But when you use our recipe, you can make it at home anytime you want without waiting in any lines to get it.
Peppermint Shake ingredients and cost
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream – $1.92
- 4 cups peppermint ice cream – $1.92
- 2 cups whole milk – $0.24
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips – $0.32
- 3 candy canes – $0.24
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in November 2022.
Peppermint Chip Milkshake budget tips
This Copycat Chick-fil-A Peppermint Shake is a no-brainer when it comes to your budget. You can make more for less at home for the same great taste! Have a family movie night while enjoying these shakes for a fraction of the cost.
Peppermint Milkshake substitutions
You can substitute 2% or 1% milk for whole milk, but we do not recommend using skim milk.
How to make Chick Fil A Peppermint Shake
- First, add all the ingredients to the blender except the candy canes. Blend for one to two minutes.
- Next, break the candy canes in half and add them to the blender. Blend for another ten to fifteen seconds.
- Finally, pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream, a cherry, and candy cane pieces.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Get kids involved in this Peppermint Shake
Ages 2-3: Practice counting skills with your little one as you scoop the ice cream into the blender. They can also help pour the chocolate chips in.
Ages 4-5: Have your child break the candy canes before placing them in the blender. They will also love helping to garnish each shake before serving.
Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let your kiddo try on their own while you watch. They may need assistance scooping the ice cream.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Peppermint Chip Milkshake storage
Serve: This peppermint shake should be served immediately as it will melt quickly.
Store: You can keep the peppermint milkshake in the refrigerator for about an hour before it turns into soup.
Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake FAQs
This famous shake is known for its strong peppermint flavor. The shake has a vanilla ice cream base with the addition of peppermint candy and chocolate flakes. It is a match made in Heaven!
A Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Shake has 660 calories. Our recipe has 441 calories per one-cup serving. We also believe in enjoying all things in moderation and apply this motto to desserts.
You can typically order the peppermint shake from the restaurant beginning in mid-November until the beginning of January. Our tip is to stock up on peppermint ice cream from the store while it is in stock so you can enjoy this Copycat Peppermint Milkshake longer than that!
More Copycat Recipes:
- Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade
- Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
- Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
- Grinch Pancakes
More from Easy Budget Recipes
Chick Fil A Peppermint Shake Copycat Recipe
- ice cream scoop
- Liquid measuring cup
- High-power blender
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups peppermint ice cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or regular
- 3 candy canes
- whipped cream optional
- maraschino cherry
- Add the ice cream, milk, and chocolate chips to a blender and blend on HIGH speed for 1 ½ – 2 minutes.
- Break candy canes into smaller pieces and add them to the blender. Blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry (both optional).
- Instead of candy canes, you can use round peppermint candies.
- This milkshake has a nice subtle peppermint flavor, just like Chick Fil A’s. If you’d like more of a peppermint punch, use all peppermint ice cream and no vanilla.