The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme recipe is easy, delicious, and much better than the original! Each is filled with taco meat, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and a tostada to give its signature crunch!
$14.68 is approximately what it costs to make six crunchwraps. That is about $2.45 per serving.
This recipe will help satisfy all your Taco Bell cravings without having to leave your house. We love making this recipe at home because it saves us money. The price for one Crunchwrap Supreme at Taco Bell is about $4.49. That is a significant saving compared to about $2.45 when you make it yourself.
Not only is the price right, but the taste is spot on. Taco Bell Crunchwraps are called Supreme because they are loaded with cheesy, crunchy, delicious flavors with sour cream, lettuce, and beef. If you have not had one, now is the time to try it!
The bottom layer is a tortilla topped with meat and nacho cheese, followed by a tostada shell. Then it is loaded with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Finally, it is topped off with another tortilla and then wrapped to hold it all in. The result is a taste explosion with soft and crunchy textures that are perfect when combined.
In our detailed step-by-step directions, we will show you how easy it is to make this Taco Bello Crunchwrap Copycat recipe so you can skip the drive-thru line.
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 1 pound lean ground beef – $3.99
- 1 small onion – $0.78
- 2 large garlic cloves – $0.08
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning – $0.16
- 1/4 cup water – $0.00
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas – $1.50
- 1 cup sour cream – $0.98
- 6 taco-size flour tortillas – $1.38
- 1/2 cup Nacho cheese sauce – $0.65
- 6 tostada shells – $0.60
- 2 cups shredded lettuce – $0.77
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes – $0.91
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend – $2.88
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. Check out Budget Recipes Explained to learn more about how we price our recipes. The pricing for this recipe was updated in March 2023.
How To Make A Crunchwrap Supreme
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card and video below.
- First, make the meat mixture. Then drain the grease from the pan.
- Next, heat the tortillas in the microwave and the nacho cheese sauce.
- Assemble the crunch wrap by layering a tortilla with meat, nacho cheese, a tostada, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese, and then top it with a tortilla.
- Fold up the edges of the tortilla and cook on each side for about a minute.
- Finally, serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Add additional ingredients inside the wrap, such as refried beans or black olives.
- Instead of ground beef, you can use cooked chorizo or shredded chicken.
SERVE: You can keep these out for about 2 hours before they will need to be refrigerated.
STORE: Because of fresh ingredients like shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, we suggest eating these within 24 hours. Store them covered in the refrigerator.
FREEZE: If you’d like to freeze the finished crunchwrap supremes, we suggest leaving out the shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream.
They’re filled with taco meat, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. If you are wondering what is in the middle of a crunchwrap? The secret is a tostada to give this dish its signature crunch!
Currently, one Crunchwrap Supreme at Taco Bell costs $4.49. However, you can make this copycat version for about $2.45! That is more than half the cost!
This is a meal to indulge in every once in a while! However, our recipe has about 635 calories per crunchwrap. If you want to make this meal healthier, you would need to remove the tortillas, tostada shells, and nacho cheese (all the good stuff!) and have a salad bowl instead.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Give your child one or two toppings to help add on the layers as you assemble the crunch wrap. This might include sprinkling the cheese or lettuce on the nacho cheese sauce.
Ages 4-5: Ask your child to help add some toppings as you assemble the crunch wrap.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child to use a meat masher to brown the ground beef. They can then help spoon the meat mixture on top of the tortillas.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
We buy our ground beef in bulk at Costco and then separate it into one-pound sections. Then, we place the divided sections into freezer bags to pull out one pound of meat when needed.
More Copycat Recipes
- Southwest Egg Rolls
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein
- Instant Pot Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup
- Nacho Fries-Better than Taco Bell
Copycat Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme
- frying pan
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- Measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 packet
- ¼ cup water
FOR THE WRAP:
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 6 taco-size flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells
- ½ cup Nacho cheese sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend grated
- Salsa optional
- Pico de gallo optional
- Cilantro optional
MAKE MEAT MIXTURE:
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat until no pink remains in the meat and the onions are translucent.
- Drain the grease from the pan.
- Add garlic, taco seasoning, and water and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the liquid has almost evaporated.
PREP OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to make more pliable.
- Heat nacho cheese sauce according to the jar’s directions.
- Lay a burrito-size flour tortilla on a clean work surface.
- Layer with taco meat, and then nacho cheese.
- Add a tostada on top, and then cover with a layer of sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- Top with a taco-size flour tortilla.
- Fold up the edges of the large tortilla.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place the wrap seam side down in the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip wrap over and continue cooking until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.