The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Instant Pot Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup is a delicious copycat recipe. It’s great for busy weeknights or a cozy winter weekend meal.
This recipe makes six servings for about $10.84. That works out to be just $1.80 per serving. Whip up a batch of our 1-Hour French Bread to dip into this yummy soup.
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup
If you have been to the Olive Garden for their soup and salad, you have most likely tried their Pasta e Fagioli Soup as it is a popular choice. We love it so much; we wanted to create our own version we can enjoy at home. Our version is made in the Instant Pot to make it that much easier!
This soup is comfort food at its finest that the whole family will enjoy. It is made with hearty beef and sausage, vegetables, beans, tender pasta, herbs, all in a delicious savory broth.
You can enjoy this copycat soup in under an hour. Making Pasta e Fagioli Soup takes a few minutes of prep time, and then the Instant Pot does the rest for you.
It is made with many pantry items and a few fresh items. Eating food from Olive Garden never tasted so good!
What’s the difference between minestrone and pasta Fagioli?
The major difference between the two popular Olive Garden soups is the ingredients in the soups. Pasta e Fagioli is mostly beans and pasta with a few vegetables. In comparison, minestrone is full of vegetables, beans, and rice.
What do you eat with pasta Fagioli?
What does Fagioli mean?
How to make Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup recipe:
STEP ONE: First, set the Instant Pot to “saute” and then press “adjust” until it reads more. Once it reads “hot,” add the ground beef and Italian sausage and cook until the meat has browned.
STEP TWO: Remove the meat with a slotted spoon, leaving the liquid in the Instant Pot. Next, add the vegetables and cook for 8-10 minutes.
STEP THREE: Stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning to toast for one minute. Then add the remaining ingredients.
STEP FOUR: Attach the lid and set the timer for four minutes. Release the pressure when it has finished cooking.
STEP FIVE: Finally, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Instant Pot
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
- wooden mixing spoon
- measuring spoons
The Flavor and Recipe Variations
As an alternative to using a parmesan rind, you can substitute pre-grated parmesan. Just note it will change the taste of the soup slightly. This recipe is also delicious when made with ground pork or ground turkey as well.
How long is it good for:
Serve: This soup can be kept warm using the “Keep Warm” function on the Instant Pot for up to one hour.
Store: Store any leftover soup in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Freeze: Once the soup is cooled, place it in a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag. Freeze for 4-5 months. Thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight. Then, place the soup in a large pot and heat over medium-high heat until heated through.
How much will this Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $10.84
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.80
- 1/2 pound ground beef – $1.55
- 1 small Vidalia onion – $0.48
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage – $1.74
- 3 large carrots – $0.42
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning – $0.39
- 3 large celery stalks – $0.18
- 6 cups chicken stock – $1.98
- 3 large garlic cloves – $0.15
- 15 oz can tomato sauce – $0.64
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes – $0.64
- 15 oz can red kidney beans – $0.58
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta – $0.64
- 15 oz can Great Northern Beans – $0.58
- 1 parmesan rind – $0.85
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes – $0.02
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How to get the kids involved with this Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup recipe:
Ages 2-3: Practice counting skills with your little one as they help you measure and pour in the chicken stock.
Ages 4-5: There are many cans to pour into the Instant Pot with this recipe that your child can pour in. They can help toast the garlic and Italian seasoning.
Ages 6-8: Using a meat masher, teach your child how to brown the meat. Show them how to use the Instant Pot settings in preparation for browning the meats.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- Healthy Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Leftover Turkey Barley Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Large Batch Chicken Noodle Soup
- Italian Harvest Soup
Copycat Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- Instant Pot
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound Italian Sausage mild, sweet, or hot
- 1 small Vidalia onion or yellow onion chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 large celery stalks chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can red kidney beans drained
- 15 oz can Great Northern Beans drained
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1 parmesan rind or ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional and to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the “Saute” setting and then press the “Adjust” button until it reads “More."
COOK MEAT AND VEGETABLES:
- Once the display reads “Hot,” add the ground beef and Italian sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat has browned. Once the meat has browned, remove it with a slotted spoon. Don’t remove the liquid from the Instant Pot.
- Next, add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Allow the spices to toast for 1 minute.
- Next, add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, great northern beans, ditalini pasta, parmesan rind, and red pepper flakes.
- Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the “sealing” position. Set the timer for 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
- This soup can be kept warm using the “Keep Warm” function on the Instant Pot for up to one hour.
- Store any leftover soup in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- This recipe is also delicious when made with ground pork or ground turkey as well.
- Don’t drain the diced tomatoes but make sure to drain the beans!