The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
When you need a lunch that is so easy your kids can make it themselves, use this recipe for English Muffin Pizzas. They only take twenty minutes to make!
These little pizzas cost approximately $6.25 to make. The recipe makes six servings and costs about $1.04 per serving.
Table of Contents
English Muffin Pizzas are a lunchtime favorite!
These English Muffin Pizzas give you the same great taste as store-bought bagel pizzas at a fraction of the cost. They make a great lunch or dinner on busy weeknights.
You’ll love how quickly these pizzas come together with minimal ingredients and how easily customizable they are. Everyone can make them how they like them, so everyone is happy.
English Muffin Pizza ingredients
- 6 English muffins – $3.99
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil – $0.36
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder – $0.02
- 1/4 Teaspoon Italian seasoning – $0.02
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese – $0.13
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce – $0.77
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – $0.96
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in December 2023.
Get the kids involved in this English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- Ages 2-3: Let them place the English muffins on the baking sheet and sprinkle shredded cheese on each one.
- Ages 4-5: Have them mix the oil and seasonings and spread on each muffin, as well as help spoon the sauce on the muffins. They could also place the toppings on the pizzas.
- Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let them try to make it by themselves with your supervision.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
English Muffin Pizza in Oven variations
- Add your favorite pizza toppings. One of our kids loves olives, and the other loves ham. They can mix it up on their own.
How to store English Muffin Pizzas
Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave these English Muffin Pizzas out for longer than 2 hours.
Store: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before they become too soggy. To reheat, place them in a 300 degrees F oven for 5-10 minutes until they’re warmed through.
Freeze: You can freeze the pizzas either before or after baking them.
- Before Baking: Place the pizzas on a baking sheet and pop them into the freezer until they are frozen solid, about 30-60 minutes. Then, place them in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze them for 3-6 months. Cook using the instructions in the recipe card. Note that you may need to add five extra minutes to the baking time.
- To Freeze After Baking: Once the pizzas have cooled, place them on a baking sheet and freeze until they are frozen solid, about 30-60 minutes. Then, place them in an airtight container and freeze them for 3-6 months. To reheat, place them in a 300 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes until they’re warmed through.
English Muffin Pizzas in the Oven FAQs
Are English Muffins fully cooked?
What do you put in an English Muffin?
Ingredients for English Muffins are great to have on hand because they are so versatile and well-liked by all. Of course, there is the classic option of just toasting an English Muffin and spreading some butter on to get in all those nooks and crannies. They are also delicious with some jam or any flavor of a cream cheese spread. English Muffins also make a great breakfast sandwich. Think Egg Muffin style like at McDonald’s. All of these are great options, but our favorite things to do with English Muffins are to turn it into a pizza! The kids can make it quickly, and everyone loves how they taste.
Are English muffins better than bagels?
It is a matter of personal preference when it comes to muffins and bagels. However, in our opinion, skipping the bagel and opting for an English Muffin instead has a couple of significant advantages. One, an English Muffin, has fewer calories than an average bagel, so it is a natural, healthier option. Two, English Muffins are more cost-effective than bagels, and you know here at Easy Budget Recipes we are all about saving money without sacrificing taste!
More $5 Recipes:
- Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Crock Pot Greek Yogurt
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Braid
- French Toast with Blueberry Syrup
- Green Smoothie
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Red Velvet Buttermilk Waffles
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- baking sheet
- tin foil
- spoon or pastry brush
- Measuring spoons
- 6 English muffins split in half
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Choice of toppings
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place the English muffins on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Use a spoon or pastry brush to brush about ½ Tablespoon of the oil mixture over each English Muffin.
- Sprinkle each English Muffin with a little bit of Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of sauce over each and use the back of the spoon to spread out the sauce.
- Sprinkle each with 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the English muffins are golden.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes and then serve.