This Dry Roasted Chickpeas recipe is a healthy, gluten-free, low-carb snack that is so easy to make. It costs $2.67 to make and just 30¢ per serving.
Are you like me and find yourself craving a salty snack but do not want chips, or popcorn, or whatever other kids snacks you have in your pantry? It’s the worst, isn’t it? Well, look no further friends! We are here to solve this problem for you.
We are giving you a salty snack that is actually healthy! And it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg or has a ton of ingredients! They said it couldn’t be done! But here we are…doing it! Mic drop!
This dry roasted chickpeas recipe is nothing short of AH-mazing! The crispy, crunchy bite-sized snack is a definite crowd-pleaser. Or if you are like me, you can hide it in your pantry and pull it out to snack on throughout the day. Shhh! Do not tell anyone my secret!
I do (occasionally, haha) share my snack stash with my family. They all love these dry roasted chickpeas. It is a great recipe that can be taken on the go-to snack very easily.
Dry roasting chickpeas in the oven is so easy, you will wonder why you have not tried it before now.
Dry-Roasted Chickpeas Questions Answered
Are roasted chickpeas good for you?
Chickpeas are an excellent healthy snack. They have several health benefits because they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fibers. One health benefit is helping to better your digestion. Another health benefit of chickpeas in they have been shown to reduce the risk of a few diseases. I will take an extra handful, please!
Can I dehydrate chickpeas?
While we have not personally dehydrated chickpeas we have read that it is definitely possible to do so. You can place the chickpeas in an even layer on your dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 150 degrees F for at least 10 hours.
Are garbanzo beans the same as chickpeas?
How to Make Dry-Roasted Chickpeas Recipe:
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, stir together chickpeas, salt, garlic powder, and paprika until combined and evenly coated.
- Then pour the chickpeas out onto the baking sheet, shaking them into an even layer.
- Finally, bake for 40-50 minutes. Be sure to stir every 10 minutes, until the chickpeas are hard and crunchy. Cool for 5 minutes before eating.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Have them help stir together the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Ages 4-5: Have them help measure out the spices into the mixing bowl. They can also pour the chickpeas into the rimmed baking sheet.
- Ages 6-8: Let them help shake the chickpeas onto a baking sheet into an even layer.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Use whatever seasonings you’d like for this recipe. Some of our favorites are cajun, ranch, and garam masala.
More Healthy Recipes:
How long is this good for:
- Serve: You can keep these uncovered at room temperature for up to 2 hours before you need to cover them.
- Store: Keep them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 2 months.
- Freeze: We do not recommend freezing these, because they will soften when defrosted.
How much will this Dry-Roasted Chickpeas Recipe cost:
RECIPE COST: $2.67
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.30
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- 3 (15.5 oz) cans chickpeas – $2.58
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.05
- 1 teaspoon paprika – $0.03
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat OR parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- 3 15.5 oz cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together chickpeas, salt, garlic powder, and paprika until combined and evenly coated.
- Pour chickpeas out onto the prepared baking sheet and shake them into an even layer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until the chickpeas are hard and crunchy.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.