The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait Boxes are a healthy snack or breakfast that’s so easy to prep ahead of time. These cost just $7.78 to make or $1.30 per serving.
I love it when I can use things I have on hand to make a new meal. It makes my budgeting heart so happy. This recipe is no exception. It takes the cake friends. This yogurt parfait recipe uses our homemade granola, dry-roasted chickpeas, and homemade yogurt to get you started.
Isn’t that AH-mazing?
Remember our Mason Jar Greek Salad recipe? If not, make a mental note to check it out after this yogurt parfait post. Anyways, our Mason Jar Greek Salads have had such a positive response that we knew we needed to offer another grab and go option for those busy mornings or afternoons.
I like to prepare this yogurt parfait the night before, adding in the granola, fruit, and chickpeas. Then I stick it in the fridge and grab it on my way out the door in the morning. It is just that easy friends!
So grab your favorite fruit to add to the container, stick it in the fridge, and then later enjoy your Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait!
Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait Questions Answered:
What is yogurt parfait?
Yogurt parfaits are a delicious and nutritious breakfast or early afternoon snack. They typically have fresh fruit of some sort and granola over the yogurt. Our recipe calls for chickpeas in addition to the fruit and granola.
Are yogurt parfaits healthy?
How long do yogurt parfaits last?
How to Make Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait Recipe:
- First, open the lids to the snack containers.
- Next, place yogurt, granola, berries, and dry-roasted chickpeas in each container.
- Finally, store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them help pour the ingredients in each container.
- Ages 4-5: Let them help by measuring out the ingredients and stirring them together. Talk to them about fractions when using measuring cups.
- Ages 6-8: Let them practice measuring and pouring the ingredients.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Instead of dry roasted chickpeas, you can add a hard-boiled egg to each box.
More Healthy Recipes:
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chana Masala
- Crock Pot Greek Yogurt
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- Greek Mason Jar Salads
- Green Smoothie
- Homemade Granola
- Italian Zucchini Boats
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Mexican Chicken Rice Bowls
- Oven-Baked Salmon
- Skillet Tilapia
- Zucchini Taco Boats
How long is this good for:
- Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this Yogurt Parfait out for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: These will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: Yogurt, like most dairy products, does not freeze well. We do not recommend freezing these snack boxes.
How much will this Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait cost:
RECIPE COST: $7.78
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.30
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- 3 cups Greek yogurt – $0.90
- 1 ½ cups granola – $1.35
- 3 cups berries – $3.75
- 1 ½ cups dry-roasted chickpeas – $1.78
- snack boxes
- measuring cups
Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait Boxes
- snack boxes
- measuring cups
- Open the lids to 6 snack containers.
- In each container place ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup granola, ½ cup berries, and ¼ cup dry-roasted chickpeas.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.