The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Jalapeno Dip is a quick and easy recipe made with five simple ingredients. It’s perfect for any party or game day.
It costs approximately $3.91 to make this dip. The dip serves six for about $0.65 per serving.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
Our Jalapeno Dip is savory and delicious. The dip is hot but not too spicy. We love dipping crackers into this and find it hard to stop once we start. It is one of our favorite go-to party appetizers.
Cream cheese is mixed with mayonnaise, sour cream, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Then it is baked in the oven resulting in a warm, creamy, gooey cheese dip. Broiling it for a minute or two gives the topping a perfectly golden crunch. If you love cheese and a little spice, you will love this Jalapeno Dip!
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $2.62
- ¼ cup sour cream – $0.25
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise – $0.08
- ½ cup cheddar cheese – $0.56
- 2 medium jalapenos – $0.40
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. To learn more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in January 2023.
How To Make Jalapeno Dip
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese. Withhold the three Tablespoons of shredded cheese for the end.
- Next, mix in the jalapenos, leaving one Tablespoon for the top of the dip.
- Spread the dip into a baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and jalapenos.
- Finally, bake for twelve to fifteen minutes before placing the dish under the broiler for one to two minutes.
- Serve with crackers, and enjoy!
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- You can cut some calories by using light or reduced-fat cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. But please don’t use fat-free of any of these products.
- Any variety of cheddar or Monterey jack cheese can be used in this recipe.
SERVE: You can keep this dip out for no longer than two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
FREEZE: This recipe does not freeze, defrost, and reheat well. So with that in mind, we do not recommend freezing it.
REHEAT: Reheat in the microwave or at 300 degrees until hot.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Let your little one sprinkle the cheese on top of the dish before baking it. You can show them how to measure 1/2 cup of cheese to introduce the concept of measurements before mixing it into the mixture and sprinkling the remaining cheese on top.
Ages 4-5: This is a great recipe to work with your child on measurements. They can learn to do it easily with just a few ingredients to measure.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child to use a handheld mixer to beat the ingredients together.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
This is an affordable appetizer to bring to any party. You can even double it for less than ten dollars!
More Appetizer Recipes
- French Dip Sliders
- Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheese Ball Recipe
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- Chex Party Mix
- Nacho Fries
- Crockpot Chile Con Queso
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Ground Beef Taquitos
- mixing bowl
- handheld mixer
- Measuring spoons and cups
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- mixing spoon
- Baking dish
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ cup cheddar cheese divided
- 2 medium-sized jalapenos diced and divided (about ½ cup)
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheese for the top.
- Mix in jalapenos with a spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon for the top.
- Spread the dip into a small baking dish.
- Top with extra shredded cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the sides of the dip start to bubble.
- Then switch to broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top slightly.
- Serve the dip with crackers.