The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner is made with chicken thighs, broccoli, squash, bell pepper, carrots, and a delicious marinade. It’s easy to make, and all made on a sheet pan.
Making this dinner will cost you $8.54 to make six servings. That is just $1.42 per serving.
Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
If you need an easy to make, quick, affordable, yet healthy weeknight meal, we have the perfect recipe for you. We love making Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs because the recipe checks all of those boxes.
After marinating the chicken and cutting the veggies, place them all on your baking sheet to cook in the oven for about 30 minutes. That’s it, guys! The chicken and veggies are baked to perfection, and you are left with just one baking sheet to clean up after you eat dinner.
This recipe produces very juicy chicken. The dark meat from the chicken thighs is so flavorful and tender after baking. No dry chicken here! The chicken cooks up juicy and crispy alongside the roasted vegetables.
We know this Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Dinner will soon become one of your favorite weeknight meals for busy nights on the go, just like it is for our families!
How do you make a sheet pan dinner?
A sheet pan dinner is similar to the concept of a one-pan meal in that it is easy to make, and it takes only one dish or pan to cook it in. You put the chicken and veggies onto one baking sheet and cook them together in the oven. See the full recipe with step-by-step directions below.
What can I use instead of a sheet pan?
Maybe you are on vacation and do not have access to a sheet pan, all of yours are dirty, or whatever the case may be, you are finding yourself without a sheet pan to use. Have no fear! You can still make this recipe.
Use a large baking dish or pan such as a casserole dish, a broiler pan, or even just tin foil in a pinch instead. You may need to use multiple pans, though, so that you can get everything in an even layer.
How do I make sure chicken thighs are fully cooked?
Using a paring knife, you can slightly cut the thigh’s side to see if it is done. If you see a lot of pink, continue cooking it for a few more minutes.
However, the most accurate way to check if your chicken is done is to use an instant-read thermometer. The thighs are done when they reach 160 degrees.
How to make Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner recipe:
STEPS ONE AND TWO: First, make the marinade. Then season the chicken with salt and pepper, place it in a resealable bag, and pour the marinade over the chicken.
STEP THREE: While the chicken chills for 30 minutes, spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Also, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
STEP FOUR: Then cut the veggies and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
STEP FIVE: Finally, remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Cook’s Tools – Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs:
- medium bowl
- baking sheet
- measuring cups
- Chef’s knife
- cutting board
- measuring spoons
The Flavor and Recipe Variations
You can use a variety of vegetables in this recipe. Some suggestions are zucchini, cauliflower, diced potatoes or sweet potatoes, onions, and diced butternut squash.
How much will this Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $8.54
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.42
- 1/4 cup honey – $0.66
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil – $0.28
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce – $0.04
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce – $0.01
- 1 medium yellow squash – $0.71
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt – $0.01
- 2 cloves garlic – $0.10
- 1 medium head broccoli – $1.33
- 6 chicken thighs – $3.60
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – $0.14
- 2 large carrots – $0.28
- 1 red bell pepper – $1.38
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How long is it good for:
Serve: You can keep this out for up to 2 hours before it will need to be refrigerated.
Store: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Note that the longer the veggies sit, the mushier they become.
Freeze: Cooked vegetables do not freeze and reheat well; therefore, we do not recommend freezing this dish.
How to get the kids involved with this Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs recipe:
Ages 2-3: Let your kiddo shake up the chicken in the Ziplock bag. They can get the marinade all over the chicken with no mess at all!
Ages 4-5: Have your little one help measure the ingredients for the marinade. They can then whisk it together in the bowl.
Ages 6-8: Teaching proper knife safety, allow your child to help you chop the veggies and spread them on the baking sheet. Have them also drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the veggies with salt and pepper.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
More Main Dish Recipes:
- American Goulash
- Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
- Easy Beef Chili
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Flank Steak Pinwheels
- Foolproof Grilled Ribs
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Ground Beef and Broccoli Teriyaki
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- One Pan Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
- Sausage Rolls
- Walking Tacos
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- Medium bowl
- baking sheet
- measuring cups
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic smashed and minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
CHICKEN AND VEGGIES:
- 6 chicken thighs skin on
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium head broccoli chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper cleaned and diced
- 2 large carrots cleaned and diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
SEASON AND MARINATE CHICKEN:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add it to a large resealable bag.
- Pour marinade over the chicken.
- Seal the bag tightly and then shake it to coat the chicken in the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
PREP BAKING SHEET AND OVEN:
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
ADD CHICKEN AND BAKE:
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade and place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the vegetables are tender.
REST CHICKEN AND SERVE:
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the chicken and veggies with fresh parsley (optional) and serve.