Classic Meatloaf just got a whole lot easier with this Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes recipe! Cook the whole meal right in the same pot. Flavorful meatloaf and tender seasoned potatoes, just what your family asked for, but with a lot less time!
Instant Pot Meatloaf combines the best of both worlds with two favorites in one pot for about $9.06. It serves 6 and costs just $1.74 per serving.
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes
This is our go-to meal on super busy nights. Being able to cook the potatoes and the meatloaf at once in the Instant Pot is life-changing! The potatoes are cooked on the bottom of the Instant Pot and then a foil layer, and then the meatloaf.
The potatoes are seasoned to perfection, the meat is tender and flavorful, and it is easy to make. Also, the meatloaf reheats well for leftovers the next day! Grab your Instant Pot (or get one now!) and see for yourself just how fabulous this meal is!
Can you put aluminum foil in the instant pot?
Yes! It is a beautiful thing! Just be sure to bring up the sides of the foil to fit inside the Instant Pot. Place the foil on top of the trivet.
Can you put raw ground beef in an instant pot?
Absolutely! A better question is, what can’t the Instant Pot do? You will place the raw meat in the foil packet and place it on the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Close and seal the Instant Pot to cook the meat.
How much will this Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $10.40
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.74
- 2 pounds lean ground beef – $6.02
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs – $0.21
- 1 egg – $0.10
- 1 teaspoon onion powder – $0.03
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.01
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – $0.06
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – $0.03
- 1 cup ketchup – $0.88
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes – $2.68
- 3/4 cup chicken broth – $0.24
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt – $0.01
- 1/2 cup onion – $0.12
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How to make Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes recipe:
STEP ONE: First, arrange the potatoes, chopped onion, and chicken broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the seasoned salt over the potatoes.
STEP TWO: Next, make the meatloaf mixture. Place the meatloaf on a piece of foil that will fit inside the Instant Pot.
STEP THREE: Place the meatloaf on a piece of foil that will fit inside the Instant Pot.
STEP FOUR: Fold the foil’s sides around the meatloaf’s edges and place it on top of a trivet. Place the trivet on top of the potatoes inside the Instant Pot.
STEPS FIVE, SIX, AND SEVEN: Then, cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on higher pressure for 25 minutes with a 10-minute natural release. Allow the meatloaf to rest for ten minutes on a cutting board. Finally, glaze the meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.
The Flavor and Recipe Variations
Instead of baby red potatoes, you can use baby Yukon golds, or russet potatoes cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
Instead of all beef, you can use a mixture of ground beef and pork or all ground turkey.
How long is it good for:
Serve: The meatloaf and potatoes should not be kept out for longer than two hours.
Store: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze: You can freeze meatloaf either raw or after it’s been fully cooked. Whether you choose to freeze the meatloaf before or after cooking, wrap the meatloaf in two layers of plastic wrap, followed by two foil layers. Before cooking or reheating, defrost the meatloaf overnight in the refrigerator.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
Ages 2-3: Have your little one arrange the potatoes in the bottom of the Instant Pot. They can also then help season the potatoes.
Ages 4-5: Let your child help measure and mix the ingredients for the meatloaf mixture.
Ages 6-8: Have your child help with the meatloaf mixture and place it in Instant Pot. Teach them how to seal, lock, turn on, and set the Instant Pot.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Corn on the Cob
- Honey Baked Ham
- Mac and Cheese
- Turkey Breast
- Pulled Pork
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Chicken
- Turkey Gravy
Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Instant Pot
- cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- large bowl
- pastry brush
- measuring cups
- chef's knife
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- Place the baby potatoes, chopped onion, and chicken broth in the bottom of an Instant Pot. Sprinkle the seasoned salt over the top of the potatoes.
MAKE MEATLOAF MIXTURE:
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Form the meat mixture into a loaf on the foil that will fit into the Instant Pot.
- Scrunch the foil's sides around the edges of the meatloaf and place the meatloaf on a trivet. Add the trivet on top of the potatoes in the Instant Pot.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes with a 10-minute natural release.
- After the 10 minutes OF natural release, manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board, and allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes.
GLAZE AND SERVE:
- Glaze the meatloaf with ketchup and serve with the potatoes.