Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy and healthy meal the entire family will love. The recipe serves 6 and costs $10.35 to make. That’s just $1.73 per serving!
Do you need a super easy meal that your family will love? Who am I kidding? Who doesn’t need that?! We all do! It’s not a matter of wanting, it is a definite need. We hear you and are bringing you a simple, delicious recipe that will not leave the kitchen a mess and your wallet empty.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas will be life-changing for you! You’ll want to pin this recipe to come back to time and time again. It is the ultimate “I’m too busy to cook but need something other than cereal to make my family” meal.
You bake these chicken fajitas in the oven using one baking sheet. You get to feed a crowd with minimal effort. And they are pretty dang healthy. The benefits are endless friends.
Your family will be requesting this one regularly because it is just so flavorful. Bake this Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita recipe for your family tonight and then put your feet up as you feel good about the healthy and incredibly simple recipe you pulled together!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe Questions Answered:
Are chicken fajitas bad for you?
Can I Use Different Fajita Vegetables?
Absolutely! Peppers and onions are the traditional veggies in most fajitas. But don’t let that stop you! You can add in any veggie that you want. You may need to adjust the baking time but other than that you can get creative with which veggies you add to the recipe.
How to Reheat Chicken Fajitas
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers we recommend you reheat the leftovers on the stove in a skillet. It takes a few extra minutes but it does help keep the food from becoming mushy. If you are short on time warm it up in short increments in the microwave but if you have the time always warm them up on the stove to have the best tasting leftovers.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe:
- First, prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Next, prepare the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Then, spread the fajita filling onto the baking sheet and top with chicken strips and garlic seasoning.
- Drizzle oil over the top and then roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Finally, wrap tortillas tightly in foil to cook during the last 5 minutes of the fajita filling cooking. Drizzle lime juice and sprinkle cilantro over the top of the filling. Serve the filling in warm tortillas.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them spread the fajita filling onto the baking sheet and top with chicken strips.
- Ages 4-5: Let them help prepare the seasoning in the bowl. They can also sprinkle it over the chicken and vegetables.
- Ages 6-8: Have your kiddo help drizzle the oil over the top of the chicken and then fill the tortillas with the mixture.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Instead of chicken, you can use flank steak.
- You can also ditch the meat altogether and double the number of vegetables.
More Healthy Recipes:
- 15-Minute Skillet Tilapia with Artichokes and Tomatoes
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- Easy Oven Baked Salmon
- Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait Boxes
- Healthy Greek Mason Jar Salads
- Healthy Zucchini Taco Boats
- Homemade Granola
- How to Make a Green Smoothie
- Italian Zucchini Boats
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Mexican Chicken Rice Bowls
- Zucchini Taco Boats
How long is this good for:
- Serve: You can keep these at room temperature for no longer than 2 hours before they need to be refrigerated.
- Store: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: You can mix up the fajitas, place them in a Ziploc bag, and freeze. Just defrost them overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
How much will this cost:
RECIPE COST: $10.35
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.74
- 1 ½ Tablespoons taco seasoning – $0.11
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cumin – $0.04
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – $0.01
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts – $3.98
- Red bell pepper – $1.38
- Yellow bell pepper – $0.58
- Green bell pepper – $1.38
- 1 large yellow onion – $0.62
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – $0.42
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice – $0.14
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas – $1.68
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- small mixing bowl
- 1 ½ Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 Red bell pepper cored and sliced into strips
- 1 Yellow bell pepper cored and sliced into strips
- 1 Green bell pepper cored and sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow onion halved and sliced into half-moons
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas fajita tortillas
- sour cream, avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend (all optional)
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
MAKE SEASONING MIX:
- In a small bowl add taco seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper. Use a fork to stir everything together and set aside.
MAKE FAJITA FILLING:
- Add chicken, bell peppers, and onions to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and use your hands to evenly coat the chicken and veggies in the oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook for 15 minutes, tossing chicken and veggies halfway through cooking. Then, take the sheet pan out of the oven, wrap the tortillas in foil, and place the tortillas on the sheet pan. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the chicken registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Drizzle the lime juice over the fajitas and serve with warmed tortillas and desired toppings (optional).