The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy recipe perfect for entertaining any time of the year, whether for game day or summertime BBQs.
Making this dip costs about $10.27. The recipe serves twelve for a total of $0.85 per serving.
Do you need to work smarter and not harder? Us too! This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect solution. Add the ingredients into the slow cooker and walk away to visit with friends and family or catch that pre-game show!
This tastes just like your favorite Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe but in dip form, made in the crockpot. It is a total win any way you look at it! The creamy mix of cheeses, chicken, and buffalo sauce has the right amount of spice and is perfect for dipping crunch tortilla chips, crackers, carrot sticks, or celery sticks.
As you gather for parties, game-day festivities, or potlucks, this is a super convenient recipe that everyone loves. It is always the first to go, and you will be left with an empty crockpot!
Layer the crockpot first with cream cheese followed by shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese, and you will be amazed at the flavor explosion this dip creates!
Ingredients & Cost:
- 16 ounces cream cheese – $2.00
- 4 cups shredded chicken – $4.12
- 1 cup buffalo sauce – $1.36
- ½ cup ranch dressing – $0.19
- ½ cup sour cream – $0.44
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – $1.11
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese – $1.05
To learn more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- First, spread the cream cheese evenly in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Next, add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream, ½ cup of cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Then cover the crockpot and cook on low for one hour.
- Be sure to stir the dip occasionally.
- Top with the remaining cheese and cook for another 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with carrots, crackers, and celery.
RECIPE VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
If you like a little more spice in your dip, use a Hot Buffalo Sauce instead of regular.
SERVE: Serve the dip with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, and celery sticks.
STORE: The dip can stay for six hours on the warm setting in the crockpot before it needs to be placed in an airtight container and chilled.
FREEZE: This dip does not freeze and defrost well, so we do not recommend freezing it.
- Slow Cooker
- Measuring cups
- Mixing spoon
One reason could be due to not enough chicken and too much liquid. If there is too much buffalo sauce, try adding some additional chicken. Another reason could be from using low-fat cream cheese. We recommend avoiding low-fat cream cheese, and then you avoid the possibility of having a runny dip.
We do not recommend leaving the dip out overnight. When stored at room temperature for too long, bacteria can develop in the dip. However, the dip can stay for six hours on the warm setting in the crockpot before it needs to be placed in an airtight container and chilled.
We love serving tortilla chips, crackers, celery, and carrot sticks with this dip. Pita chips or toasted baguette slices would also be delicious with this dip.
GET KIDS INVOLVED
Ages 2-3: Your little can help sprinkle the cheeses in the slow cooker. This will be a fun and easy activity for their little hands!
Ages 4-5: Let your child help by arranging the carrots, celery, and crackers on a tray to use for dipping. They can be creative in how they set up the serving tray.
Ages 6-8: Have your child pre-measure the ingredients. Teach them how to turn on the crockpot to the correct settings.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
This is a fantastic recipe for serving a crowd. It is incredibly economical at just $0.85 per serving. The next time you need an appetizer for a crowd without breaking the bank, this should be your go-to recipe.
- Easy Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- Chex Party Mix
- Nacho Fries
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Classic Cheese Ball
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Easy Taco Pizza
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Jalapeno Dip
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- slow cooker
- measuring cups
- mixing spoon
- 16 ounces cream cheese cut into chunks
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
FOR SERVING: (all optional)
- Green onions sliced thinly
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Add cream cheese to the bottom of the crockpot in an even layer.
- Add chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream, ½ cup cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Top with remaining cheese, cover and continue cooking for 15-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and the dip is smooth.
- Serve with green onions, blue cheese crumbles, celery, carrots and crackers (all optional).