The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Chili Cheese Corn Dogs are made by baking and slicing corn dogs open, then filling them with chili and topping them with cheese. They’re some serious comfort food!
This recipe costs about $9.04 to make. The recipe makes eight servings for approximately $1.13 per serving.
We recommend making this Caesar Salad Kit Hack without Anchovies to serve alongside these Chili Cheese Corn Dogs for a complete meal.
Baked Corn Dogs are good, but they are next-level delicious with some chili and cheese added to them! These are perfect for busy weeknights, summertime lunches, or game-day snacks.
They are so easy to make that you can teach your kids to make them themselves! We typically keep frozen corn dogs and cans of chili on hand to make these throughout the year. You may find that you will never want plain corn dogs again after trying this Chili Cheese Corn Dog recipe!
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 8 corn dogs – $3.62
- 2 (15 oz) cans of chili – $4.24
- 1 cup shredded cheese – $1.11
- 1 green onion – $0.07
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. To learn more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in January 2023.
How To Make Chili Cheese Corn Dogs
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, place the corn dogs on the baking sheet and bake for twenty minutes.
- While the corn dogs are baking, heat the cans of chili according to the can’s directions.
- Then, when corn dogs are done baking, remove them from the oven, place a fork over the stick next to the corn dog, and pull the stick out.
- Use a knife to slice open the corn dogs and spoon the chili over the corn dogs.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chili and bake for an additional five minutes.
- Finally, remove the corn dogs from the oven and sprinkle the sliced green onions over them before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Instead of canned chili, you can use homemade chili in this recipe. We have a few options for you: Crockpot Chili, Ground Turkey Chili, or Easy Beef Chili.
SERVE: These corn dogs are best when served warm from the oven.
STORE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
FREEZE: We do not recommend freezing this recipe. Once the chili cheese corn dogs are assembled, they’d be challenging to freeze and kind of a hot mess to defrost and reheat.
Our recipe calls for four simple ingredients: corn dogs, canned chili, shredded cheese, ad a green onion.
We garnish ours with shredded cheese and green onions. However, feel free to add additional toppings according to your taste. Some suggestions include jalapenos, onions, or mustard.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Ask your child to help place the corn dogs on the baking sheet. Practice counting skills with them as they count the number of corn dogs they set on the baking sheet.
Ages 4-5: Your child can help by measuring the cheese and sprinkling it over the chili.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child how to open the cans of chili and then evenly spoon the chili over the corn dogs. They can also help you remove the sticks from the corn dogs.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
This affordable weeknight meal is made easy with pre-made chili and corn dogs. We purchase our corn dogs in bulk at Costco.
More $10 Recipes
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme (Copycat)
- Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine
- Healthy Tuna Salad Without Mayo
- Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Subs
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Chicken and Waffle Tacos
- Cheese Calzone
Chili Cheese Corn Dogs
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- measuring cup
- 8 corn dogs
- 2 (15 oz) cans of chili
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
PREP OVEN AND BAKING SHEET:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
BAKE CORN DOGS:
- Lay the corn dogs on the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat the chili according to the can’s directions.
ASSEMBLE CHILI CHEESE CORN DOGS:
- Place a fork over the stick next to the corn dog and pull the stick out.
- Slice open the corn dogs with a knife and spoon chili over the corn dogs.
- Top with cheese and place back into the oven for 5 minutes.
FINISH AND SERVE:
- Remove the corn dogs from the oven and sprinkle them with sliced green onions.
- Serve and enjoy.