This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of John Soules Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza is an easy weeknight meal that is as delicious as it is easy to prepare. It’s layered with the flavors of everyone’s favorite Buffalo chicken wings.
You can make this meal for less than $10! It costs about $9.33 to make six servings. That works out to be only $1.55 per serving.
For another deliciously easy recipe that is also ready in less than 15 minutes, try these Chicken Waffle Tacos.
When we need a quick meal for those busy nights, we pull out this Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe. We use John Soules Foods Homestyle Tenders on the pizza. The chicken is fully cooked and full of flavor. We cover it in Buffalo sauce mixture and then bake it on French Bread for a delicious meal everyone will enjoy.
There is just enough spice, cheese, and sauce with every bite. And as a bonus, the homestyle chicken has no added hormones and steroids, so we can feel confident in what we are feeding our family!
With this meal, you will have more time to enjoy your family and all your various activities because you will not be in the kitchen for that time! So take 15 minutes today to make this easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe! For more easy recipes, check out John Soules Recipes and see where to buy John Soules chicken.
Ingredients and Cost
RECIPE COST: $9.33
COST PER SERVING: $1.55
- 1 large loaf of French Bread – $1.00
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter – $0.60
- 6 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce – $0.51
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder – $0.03
- 6 John Soules Foods Homestyle Tenders – $4.00
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese – $2.10
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles – $0.65
- ¼ small red onion – $0.24
- 2 green onions – $0.20
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- First, preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Next, line a baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
- Next, cut the French Bread half lengthwise and place it cut-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, make the sauce.
- Cut the chicken tenders into ½-inch pieces and pour ¼ cup of the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Brush the remaining sauce over each half of the french bread, followed by the mozzarella cheese. Top with blue cheese and red onions and the chicken.
- Finally, bake for 10 minutes and let cool before serving.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- If you don’t like blue cheese, then you can skin the blue cheese crumbles and add a drizzle of ranch dressing after the pizza comes out of the oven.
- Sometimes we like to dip our slices of pizza in blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for an extra flavor kick.
Serve: You can keep the pizza out for about 1 hour before you need to cover leftovers in plastic wrap or foil and store them in the refrigerator.
Store: Leftovers can be kept, wrapped in plastic wrap or foil, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze: Whole, cooked French bread pizzas should be cooled to room temperature and then wrapped in plastic wrap followed by foil. When prepared this way, they will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Reheat: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and place the frozen pizza on a baking sheet. Heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the pizza is heated through and the cheese is melty.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Your little one can help sprinkle the cheeses and onions onto the french bread slices.
Ages 4-5: Have your child dip the chicken in the sauce mixture. Show him how to coat the chicken pieces in the sauce.
Ages 6-8: Let your child make the sauce mixture to coat the chicken pieces in the sauce.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
We like to buy bags of John Soules Foods Homestyle Tenders and place them in our freezer to pull out on nights when we need a quick and easy meal before rushing out the door to the next activity. It saves us time and money as we avoid eating out when time is short for making dinner.
More $10 recipes:
- 20-Minute Thai Peanut Noodles
- Best grilled hamburgers
- BBQ Chicken Braid
- Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
- Easy Chana Masala
- General Tso Chicken
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie
Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- measuring cups
- cheese grater
- Measuring spoons
- Microwave-safe bowl
- pastry brush
- baking sheet
- 1 large loaf of French Bread store-bought or homemade
- 6 Tablespoon salted butter
- 6 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce plus more for drizzle
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 John Soules Foods Homestyle Tenders cooked in the microwave as per package instructions
- 8 ounces 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ of a small red onion sliced into thin half moons
- 2 green onions sliced
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the upper-middle position and preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise and place it cut-side up on the prepared baking sheet.1 large loaf of French Bread
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add butter and microwave until melted, about 30 seconds.6 Tablespoon salted butter
- Use a fork to stir in wing sauce and garlic powder.6 Tablespoon salted butter, 6 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the cooked chicken tenders into roughly ½-inch pieces. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour ¼ cup of the sauce mixture over the chicken. Toss to coat.6 Tablespoon salted butter, 6 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, 4 John Soules Foods Homestyle Tenders, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brush half of the remaining sauce over each half of the french bread.1 large loaf of French Bread, 6 Tablespoon salted butter, 6 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Evenly distribute 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over each half.8 ounces 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Top each half with 2 Tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles, and red onion slices.¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, ¼ of a small red onion
- Evenly distribute the coated chicken over each half.4 John Soules Foods Homestyle Tenders
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Cool for 3 minutes, and then top with green onions and drizzle with additional buffalo sauce (optional).2 green onions
- Slice and Serve.