The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Pineapple Fluff is an easy, one-bowl dessert or side dish. It’s creamy, refreshing, and has the perfect blend of textures between the pineapple, Cool Whip, and toasted nuts.
It costs approximately $8.15 to make this Pineapple Fluff. The recipe makes eight servings for about $1.01 per serving.
A simple dessert salad is everything we crave in the Spring and Summer months. But, with only five minutes needed to prep this dish and no oven time, the hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the fridge!
We love dessert salads and the creamy cool flavors and texture. Many dessert salads have pineapple in the recipe, but in this fluff salad recipe, pineapple is the star of the show!
The pineapple takes the lead, while the marshmallows, maraschino cherries, and pecans add to the overall taste and texture. It has a pineapple and pudding base with a creamy and tropical flavor.
The light and refreshing dish can be served as dessert or a side dish. Bring this to your Easter dinner, summer BBQs, or potlucks. Pineapple Fluff is a dish everyone loves, and we know you will too.
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 20-ounce can of chopped pineapple – $1.28
- 3.4 ounce-box instant cheesecake pudding – $1.24
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows – $1.12
- ¾ cup pecans – $2.43
- ⅔ cup cottage cheese – $0.96
- ½ cup maraschino cherries – $0.32
- 2 cups Cool Whip – $0.80
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. Check out Budget Recipes Explained to learn more about how we price our recipes. The pricing for this recipe was updated in March 2023.
How To Make Pineapple Fluff
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, mix the pineapple and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, stir in the mini marshmallows, chopped pecans, cottage cheese, and maraschino cherries.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Finally, cover the bowl, and let it chill in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Chopped walnuts may be used instead of chopped pecans.
- Use Green cherries instead of Maraschino cherries for a different but delicious flavor.
MAKE AHEAD: This is a great recipe to make a day in advance. Once the fluff is made, cover it and place it into the fridge to chill until you’re ready to serve it.
SERVE: Serve chilled as a dessert or side dish. You can keep this salad out for no more than two hours before it needs to be covered and refrigerated.
STORE: Fluff may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: This recipe doesn’t freeze and defrost well, so we do not recommend freezing it.
There are 279 calories per serving in pineapple fluff. For the total nutritional value of this dish, please scroll to the bottom of the recipe card.
Pineapple tidbits are essentially small chopped pieces of pineapple. Crushed pineapple crushes the chunks of pineapple into finer pieces.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Let your little one pour in the ingredients and mix them with you. They will especially like dumping in the mini marshmallows!
Ages 4-5: Ask your child to pre-measure the ingredients. This will help them begin working on and practicing their measuring skills and open up time for a discussion and introduction to fractions.
Ages 6-8: This is an easy recipe to let your child try on their own with you close by. They will successfully build their confidence in the kitchen as they attempt these recipes.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
This is a cost-effective dish to bring to a potluck. We also prefer to buy our pecans in bulk at Costco. That way, we always have some on hand for recipes like this one.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Egg Cooker Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Frog Eye Salad (Acini de Pepe Fruit Salad Recipe)
- Mashed Potatoes With Cream Cheese (Naughty Mashed Potatoes)
- Asparagus in the Oven
- Easter Bunny Rolls
- Hash Brown Casserole
- Cranberry Fluff Salad
- rubber spatula
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- large mixing bowl
- 20 oz can chopped pineapple undrained
- 3.4 oz box instant cheesecake pudding
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup chopped pecans toasted
- ⅔ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pineapple and pudding mix. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in mini marshmallows, chopped pecans, cottage cheese, and chopped maraschino cherries.
- Fold in Cool Whip using a rubber spatula.
CHILL AND SERVE:
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.