The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Delicious buffalo chicken sliders with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and melted mozzarella cheese on Hawaiian rolls.
It costs approximately $11.54 to make these sliders. The recipe makes twelve servings for about $0.96 per serving.
Make this Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe for a game-day snack, bring them to a party as an appetizer, or serve them as a quick weeknight dinner. They are a crowd-pleasing choice for any occasion that delivers on taste and are easily customizable with the toppings everyone can add after baking the sliders.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Flavorful and Spicy: Buffalo chicken sliders are known for their bold and tangy flavor. The combination of tender, shredded chicken coated in tangy buffalo sauce adds a delicious kick to the sliders.
- Easy to Make: With a few simple ingredients like chicken, buffalo sauce, buns, and toppings of your choice, you can create a satisfying meal or appetizer without much effort.
- Versatility: These sliders work well as an appetizer or a main dish and can be customized with various toppings and condiments to suit your taste.
- Portability: Sliders are conveniently sized, making them a portable option for picnics, potlucks, or any on-the-go occasions. You can easily wrap them individually or serve them on a platter, allowing guests to grab a slider and enjoy it without hassle.
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 3 cups shredded chicken – $2.31
- ½ cup buffalo sauce – $1.00
- ½ cup ranch dressing – $0.60
- 12 Hawaiian rolls – $4.99
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese – $2.15
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $0.42
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes – $0.05
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder – $0.02
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in June 2023.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then line a baking dish with foil and cooking spray.
- Next, mix the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing using a large bowl.
- Then, slice the rolls in half lengthwise and set the bottom side of the rolls in the baking dish.
- Add one cup of mozzarella cheese to the top of the roll’s bottom half, followed by a scoop of the chicken mixture.
- Top the chicken mixture with the remaining mozzarella cheese, followed by the top half of the rolls.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and then stir in the parsley flakes and garlic powder.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture and cover the dish with foil.
- Finally, bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes before removing the foil and baking for another four to five minutes before serving.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Protein Substitutions: Instead of shredded chicken, substitute it with sliced cooked turkey, pulled pork, or even roasted cauliflower for a vegetarian option.
- Sauce Variations: Experiment with different flavors of buffalo sauce, such as honey buffalo, barbecue buffalo, or chipotle buffalo, to add a unique twist to the sliders.
- Cheese Options: While mozzarella cheese works well for its melting properties, you can try using other cheeses like cheddar, pepper jack, or blue cheese crumbles for added flavor.
- Bread Choices: Instead of Hawaiian rolls, you can use slider buns, mini ciabatta rolls, pretzel rolls, or even lettuce wraps for a low-carb option.
Serving and Storage Tips
SERVE: Consider serving the sliders with a side of coleslaw, pickles, or a green salad to balance the flavors and add freshness to the meal.
STORE: Store the sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
REHEAT: Reheat the sliders in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also use a microwave, but the buns may lose their texture slightly.
FREEZE: It’s not recommended to freeze the assembled sliders, as the texture of the buns may become soggy after thawing. However, you can freeze the cooked shredded chicken separately and prepare fresh sliders when needed.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe FAQs
Serve these sliders with a bag of potato chips and a simple green salad for a quick and easy meal. French Fries are also a delicious option!
A mild and creamy cheese pairs well with buffalo flavor. We prefer to use mozzarella cheese.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Involve your little ones in assembling the sliders. They can place the bottom side of the sliced rolls in the baking dish, sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and place the second half of the rolls on top when ready.
Ages 4-5: Teach your child how to use a pastry brush and guide their hands in brushing the melted butter over the tops of the rolls. Be sure to talk about the importance of being careful around hot objects.
Ages 6-8: Your child can assemble the sliders with your guidance. And then involve them in the cleanup process. Discuss the importance of cleaning up after cooking as they help wash dishes, sanitize the counters, and put away and clean utensils and dishes.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
- Use our Bulk Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe for these sliders. Buying chicken in bulk is often more cost-effective, and whatever chicken you do not use for the sliders, you can freeze and use it in another meal.
- We also recommend using store-brand sauces and dressings as a cost-effective tip to reduce the overall cost of the recipe, as they are typically cheaper than name-brand options.
More Main Dish Recipes
- Homemade Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets
- Grilled Brats
- French Dip Sliders
- Cheeseburger French Fry Casserole
- Big Mac Sloppy Joes
- Cheesy Baked Spaghetti
- Chicken Parmesan Subs
- Crockpot Crack Chicken – Cheesy Ranch Bacon Chicken
- Chicken and Waffle Tacos
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 13×9-inch baking dish
- large bowl
- Serrated knife
- pastry brush
- Measuring cups and spoons
- mixing spoon
- 3 cups cooked AND shredded chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing plus more for serving if you like
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Hot sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing
PREP OVEN AND BAKING DISH:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13×9 baking dish with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing in a large bowl until the chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Using a long serrated knife, slice the rolls in half lengthwise.
- Place the bottom side of the rolls in the prepared pan.
- Add about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the rolls.
- Add the chicken mixture on top of the cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place the top half of the rolls on top.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup.
- Stir in parsley flakes and garlic powder.
- Brush the rolls with the butter mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for 4-5 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.