The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Breakfast Rolls are filled with eggs, cheese, and salsa and rolled up in Crescent roll dough. They’re a quick and easy breakfast for the holidays or breakfast on the go.
This recipe costs approximately $4.74 to make eight servings. That works out to be about $0.59 per serving.
Sometimes it can feel like making a good breakfast is just one more thing you must do. Until now! This recipe for Breakfast Rolls is made simple using Crescent rolls. After spreading the dough, top it with eggs, salsa, and cheese, roll, slice, and bake. Easy, peasy, and delicious!
The soft and fluffy rolls are baked to golden perfection and filled with the cheesy egg mixture. They make the perfect breakfast on the go or when you are extra busy in the morning.
But let’s be honest, when aren’t we occupied in the mornings? That is why this breakfast with crescent rolls is the best!
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 1 tube Crescent rolls- $1.76
- 4 large eggs – $0.92
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese – $1.17
- ¾ cup salsa – $0.89
To learn more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How To Make Breakfast Rolls
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a non-stick skillet over low heat, cook the eggs until scrambled.
- Next, unroll the dough and pinch the perforations to seal them.
- Then, evenly spread the scrambled eggs over the dough, followed by the grated cheese and salsa.
- Starting from the shorter side of the rectangle, roll up the dough and pinch the edges to seal. Cut the roll into eight slices.
- Finally, place the rolls, cut side down, on the baking sheet and bake for fifteen minutes. Cool for five minutes before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Add slices of ham or cooked bacon to the scrambled eggs for added protein and flavor.
- Add ½ pound of cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage to the filling.
SERVE: You can keep these out for about two hours before they need to be refrigerated.
STORE: You can keep the breakfast rolls in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
FREEZE: Place the rolls in an airtight container and place them in the freezer for up to three months.
Our breakfast rolls are made using Crescent rolls, scrambled eggs, salsa, and cheese. They are a yummy and satisfying way to start your day.
While crescent rolls and croissants are similar in that they are both a type of bread, they have different textures. A crescent roll is more similar to a dinner roll and a little softer. In contrast, a croissant is more similar to a puff pastry and is flakier in texture.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Have your little one sprinkle the cheese over the dough and help you roll the dough. After you slice the dough into rolls, ask your child to count the number of rolls as you place them on the baking sheet.
Ages 4-5: Your child can assist by spreading the scrambled eggs, cheese, and salsa over the dough with your supervision.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child how to properly crack an egg and stir the eggs to create scrambled eggs. Once they know how to make scrambled eggs, they can help make breakfast on their own!
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Make a double batch and store them in the freezer to pull out as needed on those busy mornings, and save yourself money by skipping the drive-thru line for breakfast on the go.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Banana Pancakes
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Vanilla Candied Bacon
- Sausage Rolls
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Braid
- French Toast
Crescent Rolls Breakfast Rolls
- baking sheet
- Non-stick skillet
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Serrated knife
- 1 tube Crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- ¾ cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Move the oven rack to the middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a non-stick skillet over low heat, cook the eggs over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until scrambled.
- Unroll the dough carefully, and pinch the perforations with your hand to seal them.
- Spread the scrambled eggs over the dough.
- Then distribute the grated cheese and salsa evenly over the top of the scrambled eggs.
- Roll up the dough starting from the shorter side of the rectangle. Pinch the edges to seal.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the roll into 8 slices.
- Arrange the slices, cut side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
COOL AND SERVE:
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot.