The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Snickers Salad is loaded with Granny Smith apples, butterscotch pudding, Cool Whip, caramel sauce, and of course, Snickers! Our family can’t get enough of this irresistible dessert.
Snickers Salad is a fabulous appetizer or dessert that is perfect for welcoming in the Fall season. It serves ten people and costs about $8.17 to make. That is just $0.82 per serving.
When you think of a salad, it is typically full of green stuff. This salad is full of green things but not in the traditional leafy salad way. Our recipe for Snickers Salad is full of green Granny Smith Apples, and you got it, Snickers bars!
A candy bar salad? Sign us up!
Enjoy this salad as a transition from peach to apple season. But the reality is, you can enjoy it all year long. Snickers Salad kind of tastes like you are eating a fancy caramel apple by the spoonful.
Make it for a summer BBQ or potluck. You can wow your guests with little effort, as this only takes minutes to prepare.
This dessert is perfectly creamy, tart, and sweet. We believe snickers and apples were made to be together just for this salad. Try it, and you will agree 100%!
Is Snickers Salad a Salad or Dessert?
Honestly, who knows! It can pass as an appetizer, side dish, or dessert. We prefer to serve it as a dessert, but no one will complain; however, you serve it. But let’s be clear, even though it garners the “salad” title, it’s not your typical healthy salad. It’s more of a dessert.
How long does Snickers Salad Last?
This salad can last up to 24 hours when appropriately stored in the fridge. We prefer this salad when it is fresh before the apples start to brown and go soft.
How much will this Snickers Salad recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $8.17
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.82
- 1 small box butterscotch pudding – $0.98
- 1/2 cup milk – $0.08
- 1 container whipped topping – $1.84
- 4 large green apples – $2.24
- 5 full-size Snickers candy bars – $3.03
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How to make Snickers Salad recipe:
STEPS ONE AND TWO: First, using a whisk, mix the pudding and milk until smooth. Set it in the fridge for ten minutes. Cut the apples and place them in a large mixing bowl.
STEPS THREE AND FOUR: Then remove the pudding from the fridge and fold in whipped topping. Chop the candy bars.
STEPS FIVE AND SIX: Then fold the Cool Whip mixture into the apples and Snickers until well combined. Finally, cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- medium bowl
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- pastry spatula
The Flavor and Recipe Variations
Instead of butterscotch pudding, you can use caramel or vanilla.
Other apples beside Granny Smith can be used.
How long is it good for:
Serve: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this out for longer than 2 hours.
Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Freeze: We do not recommend freezing this recipe because once it has defrosted, it tends to be a bit on the soupy side.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
Ages 2-3: Let them help you fold in the whipped topping. They will also love being able to add in the candy bars and apples.
Ages 4-5: Have your kiddo whisk together the pudding and milk. They can also help you fold in the other ingredients.
Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let your kiddo try on their own with you supervising.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
More $10 recipes:
- BBQ Chicken Braid
- Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
- Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cranberry Party Punch
- Easy Chana Masala
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Inside Out Chicken Pot Pie
- Italian Zucchini Boats
- Jenna’s Chicken Pillows
- Large Batch Freezer Meatballs
- Mexican Fruit Salad
- Mini Apple Pies
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Medium bowl
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- 3.4 oz instant butterscotch pudding
- ½ cup milk anything but skim
- 8 oz container Cool Whip thawed
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 5 full-size Snickers candy bars
- Homemade or store-bought caramel optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Place it in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.
- While pudding is chilling, wash and cut apples into bite-size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in whipped topping.
- Chop the Snickers into bite-sized pieces. Add 4 chopped Snickers bars to the bowl with the apples.
- Fold the Cool Whip mixture into the apple and candy bars and mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with the remaining Snickers Bar.
- Serve with extra Cool Whip and caramel sauce (both optional).