This Shortcut Apple Fritter Bread is a sweet and delightfully easy recipe that just screams fall! My kids love helping me make this easy and fun recipe.
You only need FIVE ingredients for this recipe: apple pie filling, Grands refrigerated biscuits, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
This recipe serves six and costs $6.06 to make. That’s just $1.01 per serving! Apple Fritter Bread is a classic fall treat without the hassle or mess of frying anything. For more quick bread recipes, we recommend our Cake Mix Banana Bread and our Cake Mix Zucchini Bread.
Shortcut Apple Fritter Bread
Are you ready for a warm slice of bread that melts in your mouth, is moist, and full of sweet apple flavor? Our Apple Fritter Bread recipe is all of that and more!
This bread is a shortcut to your favorite Apple Fritter donuts without the frying. No frying?! Hallelujah!
It is super quick to make this bread because it uses pre-made biscuits and apple pie filling. Mix three ingredients for the icing, and that’s it. So simple!
Apple Fritter Bread is a classic fall recipe you can make for dessert, breakfast, brunch, or a snack. Deliver one loaf to a neighbor and save one for yourself!
Don’t deprive yourself by waiting until the fall to make this. You can enjoy it all year long since we are using canned apple pie filling.
What is an apple fritter?
Are apple fritters healthy?
Why is it called a fritter?
The word fritter comes from the Latin term frigere, which means “to fry.” A fritter is made by layering pieces of dough on top of each other with a fruit filling inside. It is then deep-fried. Again, our recipe is giving you that fruit filling in between layers of dough taste without frying it.
How much will this Apple Fritter Bread recipe cost to make:
RECIPE COST: $6.06
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.01
- 1 large can apple pie filling – $1.64
- 2 cans Grands refrigerated biscuits – $3.96
- 1 cup powdered sugar – $0.29
- 2 Tablespoons milk – $0.02
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.15
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How to make Apple Fritter Bread recipe:
STEP ONE: First preheat the oven to 350° F. While it is preheating, spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Next, put the filling into a blender and pulse for about five 1-second pulses. Pulse it until the mixture is blended.
STEP TWO: Then prepare the biscuits. Do this by cutting the biscuits in half horizontally to make 32 rounds. After this, use your hand to flatten each piece of dough.
STEP THREE: Next, place one tablespoon of filling onto each piece of flattened biscuit dough. Next, stack eight pieces of dough with filling on top of each other.
STEP FOUR: Place the stacks in the prepared loaf pan.
STEP FIVE: Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Bake for 60-70 minutes with foil over the pan. Let the pan cool for 7-10 minutes.
STEP SIX: Stir the icing together.
STEP SEVEN: Drizzle it over the bread once it has cooled for 10 minutes in the pan. You may want to reserve some icing for drizzling over individual slices.
STEP EIGHT: Slice and serve.
The Flavor and Recipe Variations
Instead of apple pie filling, you can use cherry pie filling, blueberry filling, and strawberry filling. You can also use Nutella if you have a chocolate craving!
If you love apple fritters with a nice cinnamon kick, then you should add about 1 teaspoon to the filling before it’s blended.
How long is it good for:
Serve and Store: The bread can stay at room temperature for about 24 hours before it will go stale.
Freeze: You can freeze a loaf of this bread by wrapping it in 2 layers of foil and placing it in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. We recommend icing the loaf once it comes out of the freezer.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe
Ages 2-3: Let them help you flatten the dough biscuits with their hands. It is almost like playing with play-dough for them!
Ages 4-5: Have your kiddo spoon on the fruit filling onto each piece of dough. Then have them stack the dough pieces in the loaf pan.
Ages 6-8: Your child can easily make the icing all on their own. You can then watch as they use their creativity to drizzle it on the bread.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
More Sweet Dessert recipes:
- 4th of July Poke Cake
- Brownie Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons
- Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
- Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Chocolate Wacky Cake
- Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Glazed Biscuit Donuts
- Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
- Mom’s Lemon Lush
- Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
- Quick Monkey Bread from Scratch
Shortcut Apple Fritter Bread
- wire rack
- measuring cup
- 9 x 5-inch loaf pan
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- blender or food processor
- 21 ozs canned apple pie filling
- 2 16.3 ozs cans Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
PREP OVEN AND PAN:
- Move oven rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the filling into a food processor or high-powdered blender. Pulse until the filling is blended, but still chunky, about five 1-second pulses.
- Cut each biscuit in half horizontally to make 32 rounds.
- Use your hand to flatten each piece of dough.
ADD APPLE PIE FILLING AND ASSEMBLE:
- Spoon about a tablespoon of filling onto each piece of flattened biscuit dough.
- Stack eight pieces of dough with filling on top of each other.
- Nestle the stacks into the prepared loaf pan.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 60-70 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool for 7-10 minutes.
- Place icing ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until combined.
- Remove the bread from the pan.
- Drizzle the bread with the icing, and serve warm.