The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Treat your taste buds to a slice of Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie! This easy-to-make dessert is creamy, tangy, and bursting with tropical flavor.
This recipe costs about $9.66 to make. The recipe makes eight servings for approximately $1.20 per serving.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
A no-bake pineapple cream cheese pie has a sweet and tangy flavor that combines cream cheese and canned pineapple. The filling is creamy and smooth, with a slight tanginess from the pineapple that balances out the sweetness of the granulated sugar.
The pre-made crust adds a buttery, slightly crunchy texture to the pie, while the whipped cream topping provides a light and refreshing finish. A no-bake pineapple cream cheese pie is a deliciously sweet and creamy dessert perfect for those who enjoy fruity and refreshing treats.
We love serving this dessert at summertime potlucks and BBQs. The best part of this Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie is that it only takes a few minutes to make and will not heat the kitchen!
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 1 (10-inch) graham cracker crust – $2.32
- 16 oz cream cheese – $3.18
- ¼ cup granulated sugar – $0.04
- 3.4 oz box vanilla pudding mix – $0.50
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract – $1.15
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple – $1.28
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip – $1.19
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. Check out Budget Recipes Explained to learn more about how we price our recipes. The pricing for this recipe was updated in May 2023.
How To Make Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Then, mix in the pudding mix and pineapple extract.
- Next, add in the pineapple and mix until combined.
- Fold in the cool whip using a rubber spatula.
- Evenly spread the filling mixture into the pie crust.
- Set the pie in the fridge to chill for at least four hours.
- Finally, garnish the top of the pie with whipped cream and slice for serving.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- You can use a store-bought graham cracker crust or a homemade one.
- You may leave out the optional pineapple extract if you desire. If left out, we would recommend adding 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
SERVE: You must refrigerate the pie if it stays at room temperature for over two hours.
STORE: You can store the pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
FREEZE: Once the pie has chilled, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Also, note that freezing and thawing may cause a slight change in the pie’s texture.
Our recipe uses seven simple ingredients: a pre-made pie crust, cream cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla pudding mix, pineapple extract, crushed pineapple, and cool whip.
You can freeze cream cheese pie, but chill it in the fridge for at least four hours before placing it in the freezer. Once the pie has chilled, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Also, note that freezing and thawing may cause a slight change in the pie’s texture. For example, the filling may become softer and less firm, and the crust may become somewhat soggy. However, if you freeze the pie properly and thaw it in the refrigerator before serving, it should still taste delicious.
You can use fresh pineapple instead of canned in a pineapple cream cheese pie. However, it will change the overall taste and texture of the pie, so we prefer to use canned pineapple.
Fresh pineapple is more acidic than canned pineapple, so you may need to adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe to balance the flavors. Using fresh pineapple can add a delicious and natural sweetness, but it may require some extra preparation and adjustment to the recipe.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Children can stir the ingredients in a bowl once you measure them. They may need some help to ensure everything is well combined
Ages 4-5: Your kids can help measure the sugar and pineapple extract. They can use measuring cups and spoons and guide them on how much to measure. Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy cooking and baking with your little ones!
Ages 6-8: After the pie has finished chilling, your kiddos can help decorate the top with whipped cream. Let them use their creativity to make it look fun and delicious!
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
- Use store-brand ingredients: Many store-brand products are as good as name-brand ones and are typically less expensive.
- Buy ingredients on sale: Check your local grocery store’s weekly ads for sales on cream cheese, pudding mix, and other ingredients. You can also use coupons to save even more money.
More Dessert Recipes
- French Silk Pie
- Orange Creamsicle Bundt Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Easy Tres Leches Cake
- Dr. Pepper Cake
- Homemade Frozen Yogurt
- No-Bake Banana Split Cake
- Raspberry Poke Cake
- Easy Pineapple Orange Sherbet
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
- stand mixer
- rubber spatula
- 1 10-inch graham cracker crust
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract optional*
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple not drained
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- Cool Whip optional
MAKE PIE FILLING:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add in pudding mix and pineapple extract and mix to combine.
- Add in pineapple and mix until incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add in the cool whip. Fold in using a rubber spatula.
ASSEMBLE AND CHILL:
- Transfer the filling mixture to the prepared pie crust and smooth it into an even layer.
- Lightly cover and place into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- You may top the finished pie with whipped cream swirls if desired.
- Slice into eight pieces and serve.