Here are our 20 Favorite Kitchen Tools that we use regularly. These are our tried and true kitchen tools that are real workhorses in our kitchens.
Have you ever tried to change a tire on your car without a car jack? It is nearly impossible and extremely frustrating! However, it can be a relatively easy process with a car jack and the other right tools.
It is the same philosophy in the kitchen. Cooking without the right kitchen tools at your side is difficult. For example, it is hard to make a Green Smoothie without a blender!
We have the favorites that we cannot live without that we want to share with you today.
These kitchen tools are essential for any kitchen, regardless if you are a college student living in your first apartment or you are an experienced chef who has made so many meals you can do it with your eyes closed!
Our kitchen must-haves range in price as well as size. They are tiny gadgets to large appliances, but all serve a purpose that makes life just a little more simple.
Look through our Kitchen Tools List below and let us know which ones are your favorites. Do you already have some? Which can you not live without? Which are you dying to get?
Add them to your Amazon wish list for Christmas! Or get an idea for the perfect gift to buy for your adult kids or other family members. Either way, we hope our list of our BEST and favorite kitchen tools inspire you to try something new in the kitchen!
20 Favorite Kitchen Tools
- Prep Bowls – These are the perfect little bowls for spices or small baking measurements. They allow us to pre-measure ingredients so our little ones can help us cook while still getting the correct amount in the recipe!
- Cheese Grater -We love a kitchen tool that has multiple purposes, so this one has won our hearts! We have had this grater for over 10 years, and it has done a great job grating and storing!
- Ninja Processor/Blender – If you need an inexpensive but super-useful blender/processor, then this is your lucky day! We have been making salsa and smoothies for years with this blender and have zero complaints!
- KitchenAid – The KitchenAid makes kneading bread a breeze! We make our One Hour French Bread weekly using our KitchenAid, and the dough is perfect every time.
- Slow Cooker– A Slow Cooker is a must in every kitchen! Whether you have busy nights with young children or a busy day away from home, a slow cooker does the hard work for you. Or maybe you are home all day and need an easy dinner! A slow cooker allows you to create a great meal like this Italian Harvest Soup, without the hassle of standing at the stove all evening long.
- Apple Peeler/Spiralizer – A quick way for an afternoon snack for you or the kiddos or an easy way to quickly peel apples for Mini Apple Pies or any other apple recipe. We use this weekly, and the kids love it every single time.
- Blendtec– A Blendtec makes the perfect Smoothie! We keep it on the counter because it gets used every single day. Our kids love to make snow cones, smoothies, and Protein Shakes, and the great news is, it is so easy they can do it all on their own!
- Instant Pot– The Instant Pot is literally life-changing! When you can use an appliance to make Shredded Chicken from frozen chicken breasts in under an hour, it is enough to get emotional about! We LOVE our instant pots. In fact, we have 4 between us. It’s a real champion in the kitchen for both making and prepping meals. We love how it speeds up the cooking process of meat and makes it super juicy and tender. It saves us time and money.
- Ice Cream Scoop – We all know how much Jess loves ice cream, so we consider her our local expert. She is obsessed with this Ice Cream Scoop because it makes scooping easy as the handle warms with your hand’s grip and slightly melts the ice cream as you scoop it. Making this Ice Cream Cake could not be any easier.
- Pastry Brush – We used to have a pastry brush with ‘real’ bristles and used it so often that the bristles began to fall out onto our food! We soon replaced it with these great silicon type and no more pastry brush bristles in my food!
- Storage Containers – We love these containers for so many things: lightweight, clear plastic, and we especially love that the opening is large enough to get a measuring cup inside it.
- Stove griddle – A gift for my husband turned into a gift for me! I love how this cooks quickly and evenly. It’s great for my large family to get 6 pancakes on their plates all at once!
- Cookie Scoop – We don’t know how we went so long without this cookie scoop! We use it all the time – as we have cookies probably every week, and it has never let us down! We’re thinking of buying other sizes to make jumbo cookies or smaller cookies too!
- BBQ tools – If you’re going to grill, you NEED grilling tools! Do not fool yourself into thinking you can use your own flipper and tongs – you will be unhappy and possibly burned! Spend the couple bucks and enjoy grilling more often!
- Chef’s Knife – This knife is a real workhorse in the kitchen. I use it for chopping everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! I’ve had this knife for 14 years now, and it has held up beautifully.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer and Thin Tip Thermometer – Instant read thermometers come in handy when making yeast bread (taking the water or milks temperature and taking the bread’s temperature when it comes out of the oven) and cooking meat. I find myself reaching for an instant thermometer at least twice a week.
- Rimmed Baking Sheets – I personally own 8 of these. They’re my go-to for cookies (no over-baked bottoms here) and sheet pan dinners like our Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.
- Silicone Baking Mats – I’ve had my set of silicone baking mats for almost 20 years. With these babies, there’s no need for parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
- Ground Meat Chopper Tool – I didn’t know I needed one of these until I tried one. Using a wooden spoon to break apart meat is no big deal, but WOW, this tool makes it SO. MUCH. EASIER. My 10-year-old can brown ground beef without flinging bits of raw meat all over the stovetop.
- Kids-Safe Knife and Finger Protector Set – We are strong believers in getting kids in the kitchen early. This builds a foundation of kitchen confidence and cooking skills that will last them a lifetime. This knife and finger protector set is perfect for keeping little hands and fingers safe.