The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
Experience the best of both worlds – fluffy pancakes infused with cinnamon roll goodness! Cinnamon Roll Pancakes is a tasty breakfast everyone loves.
This recipe costs approximately $7.22 to make. The recipe makes six servings for around $1.20 per serving.
Cinnamon Roll Pancake Recipe
These fluffy pancakes are full of delicious cinnamon swirls. The velvety glaze is like the icing on top of the (pan)cake. You will definitely up your pancake game with our recipe. It is easy to follow and results in a delicious pancake stack that is hard to resist.
Make these tender pancakes with the sweet cinnamon filling for breakfast before school or work or for a weekend brunch. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are perfect for any occasion. Skip the restaurants and make our Cinnamon Roll Pancakes recipe instead.
What You’ll Love About Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Fun New Twist: These pancakes are a fun twist on traditional pancakes. These Cinnamon Roll Pancakes take regular pancakes to a new level and add a sweet cinnamon taste reminiscent of your favorite cinnamon roll.
- Variety: If you love both cinnamon rolls and pancakes, this gives you the best of both worlds. It’s a creative way to enjoy classic flavors in a new and exciting form.
- Family-Friendly: Cinnamon roll pancakes can be a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Special Occasions: These pancakes are perfect for special occasions like birthdays, holidays, or weekend brunches when you want to make breakfast a bit more special.
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar – $0.42
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon – $0.08
- ½ cup unsalted butter – $1.12
- 8 ounces cream cheese – $2.19
- 1 cup powdered sugar – $0.40
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – $1.00
- 4-6 Tablespoons milk – $0.05
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – $0.24
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar – $0.12
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder – $0.22
- 1 teaspoon salt – $0.01
- 2 large eggs – $0.46
- 1 ½ cups milk – $0.75
- ¼ cup vegetable oil – $0.16
The recipe cost is calculated by the amounts needed for the recipe. To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained. The pricing for this recipe was updated in August 2023.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
- First, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Then, stir in the melted butter and transfer it to a plastic squeeze bottle.
- Next, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in another bowl until smooth.
- Add one tablespoon of milk at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Next, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Then whisk the egg, milk, and oil into the dry ingredients.
- Heat the griddle and spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle, swirl the cinnamon filling onto the pancake, and cook until golden brown, for about four to five minutes per side.
- Finally, when finished cooking all of the pancakes, drizzle the glaze over the top and serve.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Variations and Substitutions
Filling Variations and Substitutions:
- Nuts: Add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to the cinnamon filling for added texture and flavor.
- Apple Cinnamon: Mix finely diced apples or applesauce into the cinnamon filling for an apple-cinnamon flavor profile.
Glaze Variations and Substitutions:
- Maple Glaze: Substitute some milk in the glaze with maple syrup for a delightful maple-flavored glaze.
- Citrus Zest: Add a teaspoon of orange zest to the glaze for a hint of citrusy freshness.
Pancakes Variations and Substitutions:
- Whole Wheat: Substitute half or all of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a nuttier and heartier pancake.
- Flavor Extracts: Add a splash of vanilla, almond, or other flavor extracts to the pancake batter for unique tastes.
Cooking and Serving Variations and Substitutions:
- Fruit Toppings: Serve the pancakes with fresh fruit like sliced bananas, berries, or cinnamon apples for a refreshing contrast to the sweetness.
- Ice Cream Pancake Stacks: Stack the pancakes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream between each layer for a decadent dessert version.
Cinnamon Roll Pancake Storage Tips
Serving: You can leave the pancakes at room temperature for approximately two hours before covering them and placing them in the refrigerator.
Storing: Keep any remaining pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freezing: After allowing the pancakes to cool, put them into a Ziploc bag or other freezer-safe container. Freeze for a span of up to 4 months.
Thawing: For thawing, place the pancakes in the refrigerator overnight.
Baking powder is a crucial ingredient in this recipe. It helps make pancakes rise and become fluffy.
Milk helps dissolve the flour to create the perfect pancake batter consistency. This then results in moist pancakes.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Practice counting skills with your child as they count the number of pancakes as you make and plate them. You can introduce kitchen utensils to them by describing each one and their use as you make the pancakes.
Ages 4-5: Your child can assist in pre-measuring. They can also whisk the ingredients together.
Ages 6-8: Teach your child to swirl the cinnamon filling onto the pancakes using the squeeze bottle.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Budget Tips
Save money by making our Homemade Vanilla Extract for recipes like these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Pink Pancakes
- Egg Muffins
- Breakfast Rolls
- Banana Pancakes Recipe
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos (Freezer Breakfast Burritos)
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Red Velvet Buttermilk Waffles
- Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- mixing bowls
- mixing spoon
- Spatula turner
- Measuring cups and spoons
- handheld mixer
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
MAKE CINNAMON FILLING:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour in melted butter and stir to combine.
- Transfer to plastic squeeze bottle, piping bag, or resealable bag.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
MAKE PANCAKE BATTER:
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to large measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add egg, milk and oil to dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Heat griddle and spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop pancake batter onto hot griddle, immediately swirl cinnamon filling onto pancake.
- Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook on other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from griddle and keep warm while repeating with remaining pancake batter.
ASSEMBLE AND SERVE:
- When all the pancakes are done, assemble them by stacking 2-3 pancakes, then spoon or drizzle with glaze over top.
- Serve immediately.