The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade recipe is so easy to make and takes just 5 minutes. All that you need is lemon juice, sugar, water, and ice cream. The recipe serves 6 and costs $4.86 to make. That’s just 81¢ per serving.
If you know Jess at all, you know that she LOVES ice cream. Or if you follow us on Instagram, many of the stories involve Jess sneaking out to the garage, by herself, to get a spoonful of ice cream at some point during the day.
She has always had a love affair with ice cream and she knows what brands she likes and doesn’t like. She has a never-ending list going of places to try anywhere she goes. Visit Jess, and she’ll show you the best ice cream places in Phoenix!
Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade is, however, at the top of Jess’s list of cold treats that she loves. It combines two of her favorite flavors: ice cream (duh!) and lemon.
What’s not to love?! It’s creamy, sweet, and a little bit tangy. We don’t however, love the price at Chick-Fil-A. We are creating our own Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade copycat recipe because it needed to happen to save our summertime budget!
You can make this Frosted Lemonade on a Sunday night when Chick-Fil-A is closed! Now you can have these within 5 minutes of a craving.
What is a frosted lemonade?
A Frosted Lemonade is a little piece of heaven in a glass, that’s what it is! If you have been to Chick-Fil-A then you have probably ordered one of these famous milkshakes. It is a creamy, tangy, and sweet milkshake that is made with two of my favorite ingredients: lemons and ice cream.
How many calories are in a frosted lemonade?
There are 326 calories per 1-cup serving in our Frosted Lemonade recipe. Every single calorie is totally worth it!
Does frosted lemonade have dairy?
A traditional Frosted Lemonade is full of dairy due to the ice cream used in the recipe. You can make some substitutions for a non-dairy version with honey, coconut cream, and yogurt. However, we have not yet tried a non-dairy version.
How to Make Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade Recipe:
- First, chill water with ice cubes for several minutes to get it to ice cold.
- Next, pour lemon juice, sugar, and the 3/4 cup of ice-cold water into a blender.
- Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Then, scoop 6 scoops of ice cream (or an entire 48-once container)into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Finally, pour into glasses and serve immediately.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them help you pour the ingredients into the blender and turn it on. They’ll also love putting straws (if using) into the glasses.
- Ages 4-5: Have your kiddo measure out the ingredients and teach them how to use the blender.
- Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let them try on their own with you close by. Teach them how to properly use the blender before they start the recipe.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Add some fresh strawberries, bananas, or peaches for a fun twist and additional flavor.
- Also, instead of lemon juice, you can use lime or orange juice. If you use orange juice, then you will want to omit the granulated sugar.
How long is this good for:
- Serve: You’ll want to serve these right away before they melt.
- Store: You can leave leftovers in the refrigerator for about 6 hours before it turns completely liquid.
- Freeze: You can freeze the finished lemonade in freezer-safe Ziploc bags, and then thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Copycat Recipes:
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Copycat Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham
- Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
More sweet desserts:
- Brownie Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
- Mom’s Lemon Lush
- Chocolate Wacky Cake
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons
- Quick Monkey Bread from Scratch
How much will this Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade cost:
RECIPE COST: $4.86
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.81
- 2/3 cup lemon juice – $0.77
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar – $0.12
- 3/4 cup ice water – $0.00
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream – $3.97
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- measuring spoons
- liquid measuring cup
- measuring cup
Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- measuring cup
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ cup ice water
- 6 cups favorite vanilla ice cream (a 48-ounce container of ice cream is 6 cups)
- Chill water with ice cubes for 2 minutes to get it ice-cold.
- Pour lemon juice, sugar, and the ¾ cup of ice-cold water (be sure to remove the ice) into a blender. Blend until sugar is dissolved.
- Scoop 6 cups (the entire 48-ounce container) of ice cream into the blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately!