Cinnamon Honey Butter is an easy make-ahead recipe for all of your holiday baked goods and neighbor’s gifts. It costs just $1.09 to make!
Cinnamon Honey Butter
Are you looking for an easy recipe that will wow your family and friends? I mean, who isn’t looking for that kind of miracle recipe?! Well, guess what, friends? We have the BEST recipe for you today. This Honey Butter Recipe is nothing short of amazing!
The first time I made this honey butter, I was in charge of rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. My brother-in-law, who was hosting dinner, is a pretty great cook, so I felt a little pressure to bring something amazing.
I wanted to step up my roll game a notch. I did not want to show up with only butter for the rolls, so the addition of honey was the perfect solution.
You guys, it was a huge hit! Even my picky, almost professional chef, brother-in-law, was impressed with my homemade honey butter and kept going back for more. As a result, it has been my unofficial, official assignment every year since!
The cinnamon and honey mixed in with the butter almost make it taste like dessert on a roll. It is super easy to make and can be whipped together in 5 minutes. If you show up anywhere with this homemade honey butter, it will be the talk of the dinner party!
What is honey butter made of?
It has four simple ingredients you probably already have at home. The ingredients are butter, powdered sugar, honey, and cinnamon.
Do you have to refrigerate honey butter?
You can keep butter on the counter if you will be using it within a couple of days. Otherwise, you can store it in the fridge to have it stay fresh longer.
How to Make Honey Butter Recipe:
- First, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a standing mixer or hand mixer.
- Mix until smooth.
- Enjoy this goodness!
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them help put the ingredients in the mixer and turn on the mixer.
- Ages 4-5: Let them help measure out the ingredients and put them in the mixer. They can even help you package the butter for neighbor’s gifts!
- Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let them try to make on their own with your help.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Instead of cinnamon, you can use apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice.
What to Serve with Honey Butter:
- Easy French Toast
- Large Batch 1-Hour Dinner Rolls
- Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- 1-Hour French Bread
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
How long is this good for:
- Serve: Serve at room temperature.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 months.
- Freeze: To freeze the honey butter, chill it in the fridge first to harden. Place it in an airtight container and then wrap it tightly with two layers of plastic wrap. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More $5 Recipes:
- Buttermilk Syrup
- Crock Pot Greek Yogurt
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Braid
- French Toast with Blueberry Syrup
- Green Smoothie
- Mango Banana Smoothie
How much will this Honey Butter cost:
RECIPE COST: $1.09
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.07
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter – $0.80
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar – $0.08
- 1 Tablespoon honey – $0.17
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon – $0.04
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
$12.89 for 4 Neighbor’s Gifts:
You can make the neighbor gifts even cheaper if you use jars that you already have!
- Honey Butter – $1.09
- 4 Loave of French Bread – $3.80
- 4 (4-ounce) Jars for Honey Butter – $8.00 (You can get these at Walmart, Amazon, Target, World Market, etc.)
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- stand mixer
- handheld mixer
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey add more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon add more to taste
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix on low speed with either a standing mixer or hand mixer until combined.
- Then, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.