The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip is an easy cheese dip that comes together in just over ten minutes. It’s perfect for game day, parties, taco night, or when you get a craving for chips and queso!
The recipe serves sixteen for only $0.43 per serving. To make the entire recipe costs about $6.92.
If you need a quick and easy appetizer that will feed and please a crowd, we have the perfect recipe for you! This dip is made in just a few minutes, so it is the perfect last-minute recipe to keep in your back pocket to throw together spur of the moment.
It would be yummy served as part of a nacho bar, or on Cinco de Mayo, Super Bowl Sunday, or for any other gathering you are hosting.
Nothing beats chips and dip for an appetizer, in our opinion. However, this dip takes it to the next level.
The Queso dip is creamy, cheesy, and extra smooth due to the melted Velveeta. The addition of the chiles and jalapenos has just the right amount of spice and heat that everyone loves.
Scroll down to learn how simple it is to make this Queso Dip with Velveeta!
Ingredients & Cost:
- 2-pound brick Velveeta Queso Blanco – $4.98
- 8 ounces canned chopped green chiles – $1.52
- 2 large jalapeños – $0.40
- 2 Tablespoons milk – $0.02
To learn more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
- First, using a microwave-safe bowl, add the cheese cubes, green chilies, jalapenos, and milk into the bowl.
- Then, microwave on HIGH heat for two minutes. Remove from the microwave and then stir.
- Next, microwave the bowl again for one minute and then stir again. Repeat this process until the cheese is melted.
- Finally, give one last stir and serve immediately.
RECIPE VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
You can use Velveeta Queso Blanco or regular Velveeta cheese bricks for this recipe.
Serve: To leave this dip out for an extended amount of time, such as during a party, place the dip in a crockpot and set the temperature to warm. Doing so will help the dip stay melted during the party for dipping. Stir the Easy Velveeta Queso Blanco Dip occasionally during the party.
Store: Store the dip covered in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Freeze: We do not recommend freezing this dip as it does not freeze or defrost well.
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
The easiest way to melt Velveeta is to cut it into ½-inch cubes and then place the cubes into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the bowl on HIGH heat for two minutes. Remove it from the microwave and stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and cook on HIGH again for one minute. Remove the bowl and stir it. Continue cooking for one-minute increments and stirring the mixture until it is completely melted.
We do not think you will need to thin out this dip. However, if, for whatever reason, you would like it a little thinner, you can thin out the dip a bit by adding more milk. We recommend adding a tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
Due to the preservatives in Velveeta cheese, the dip will stay fresh stored in the refrigerator if covered tightly for up to five days.
GET KIDS INVOLVED
Ages 2-3: Have your little one help add the ingredients to the bowl to put in the microwave. They will have fun watching as the mixture melts together each time you cook it in the microwave.
Ages 4-5: Ask your child to mix the ingredients each time you remove them from the microwave. Have them put a potholder on their hands because depending on your bowl, it might be hot right out of the microwave.
Ages 6-8: Guide your child’s hands as you teach them to cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
If you need a cost-effective recipe to serve a crowd at a party or get together, this Queso Dip is a great option. For less than $7, you get sixteen servings.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
- Easy Taco Pizza
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Nacho Fries
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Sausage Rolls
- Easy Hummus
Easy Velveeta Queso Dip
- Microwave-safe bowl
- mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- 2- pound brick Velveeta Queso Blanco or regular Velveeta cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 2 large jalapeños minced
- 2 Tablespoons milk anything but skim
- Place the cheese cubes, green chilies, jalapeños, and milk into a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH heat for 2 minutes and then stir.
- Microwave on HIGH heat for 1 minute and stir again.
- Repeat the microwaving process until the Velveeta cheese is melted.
- Stir and serve immediately with tortilla chips.