The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Patriotic Jello Parfait recipe has layers of cherry Jello, a creamy blue Jello mixture, and Cool Whip. They’re topped with a cherry and festive sprinkles.
It costs approximately $6.19 to make this recipe. The recipe serves eight for about $0.77 per serving.
Check out our Patriotic Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles and our 4th of July Poke Cake for more fun patriotic-themed recipes.
Grab the kiddos to help you make these Jello Parfait cups. They are fun to make and decorate. And they are just as fun to eat! The layered colors of red and blue Jello and Cool Whip make for patriotic treat kids and adults alike can enjoy.
Jello screams summer! It’s s a no-bake treat that is loved by all. It’s is a sweet and refreshing treat enhanced with the layers of Cool Whip in this recipe, creating a festive layered Jello Parfait.
Jello Parfaits are simple to make and pretty to look at. The addition of the colored sprinkles on top makes them an extra fun treat for Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the 4th of July.
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
- 2 Tablespoons Sprinkles – $0.40
- 2 boxes (3 oz each) Cherry JellO – $1.00
- 1 box (3 oz) Blue JellO – $1.39
- 3 cups boiling water – $0.00
- 3 cups cold water – $0.00
- 8 maraschino cherries – $0.48
- 3 containers (8 oz each) of Cool Whip – $2.92
To learn more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
How to Make Jello Parfait
- First, add the cherry Jello to a large bowl. Then add boiling water and stir until the Jello is dissolved.
- Next, stir in two cups of cold water. Then, divide the cherry Jello into glass dishes and let the Jello set in the fridge for at least two hours.
- When the cherry Jello is about set, add the blue gelatin to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until boiling. Slowly add boiling water to gelatin and stir for 1-2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold water and stir.
- Place blue Jello in the refrigerator to chill slightly, you don’t want to add warm Jello to the whipped topping.
- When the blue Jello is cool enough, slowly add the whipped topping to the blue jello, stirring continuously.
- Set the jello and cool whip mixture in the fridge to chill for about one hour.
- Place the blue Jello mixture in a decorator bag as well as the third container of Cool whip in another decorator bag.
- Pipe the whipped topping mixture onto the cherry Jello. Then pipe the blue Jello mixture onto the whipped topping.
- Finally, decorate with additional whipped topping, a cherry, and sprinkles before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
We used Cherry Jello for our recipe, but you can substitute strawberry or raspberry instead.
SERVE: Assemble the Jello parfaits the same day you are assembling them. You could get away with making them the night before for a lunchtime BBQ.
STORE: Leftovers can be stored overnight, but they maybe become runny, and the sprinkles may bleed.
FREEZE: This recipe does not freeze well.
There are three main ingredients used in making this Jello Parfait. You need water, Jello boxes, and Cool Whip. That is it! You can garnish the tops with sprinkles and maraschino cherries.
The idea of a parfait was first created in France in the late 1890s. So it has been around a long time! The word parfait translates to mean “perfect.” It is such an excellent description of this delicious treat. It originally started as frozen custard but, over the years, has developed into what we know it as today: a layered dessert in an individual clear glass. Of course, you can make yogurt parfaits and even custard parfaits. But we love making these Jello Parfaits!
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Let your kiddo use some creativity and have fun by decorating the tops of the parfaits with the sprinkles.
Ages 4-5: Ask your child to help measure the water to pour into the bowls with the Jello powder. This is an excellent opportunity to show them how to read the lines on a liquid measuring cup.
Ages 6-8: This will be an excellent time to teach your child how to use piping bags. Guide their hands as you teach them how to gently squeeze the whipped topping out of the decorator bag and into the jello glasses.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Throughout the year, you can find sales on boxes of Jello. Use these sales to stock up on Jello to have on hand when you make this recipe.
More No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies
- Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Cookie Dough Balls
- Homemade Frozen Yogurt
- No-Bake Banana Split Cake
- Shortcut Fried Ice Cream
- Easy Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons
- Chick-Fil-A Copycat Frosted Lemonade
Patriotic Jello Parfait
- mixing bowls
- Liquid measuring cup
- mixing spoon
- Mini trifle dessert bowls
- Piping Tip
- Disposable decorator bags
- 2 boxes (3 oz each) Cherry Jell-O
- 1 box (3 oz each) Blue Jell-O
- 3 cups boiling water divided
- 3 cups cold water divided
- 24 oz Cool Whip, thawed (3, 8-ounce containers)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
MAKE CHERRY JELLO LAYER:
- Add cherry Jello to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 cups of water in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or until boiling.
- Slowly add boiling water to gelatin and stir for 2-3 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of cold water and stir.
- Divide cherry Jello into glass dishes.
- Place in refrigerator to set, at least 2 hours.
MAKE CREAMY BLUE JELLO LAYER:
- When cherry Jello is set, or just about set, add the blue gelatin to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until boiling.
- Slowly add boiling water to gelatin and stir for 1-2 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of cold water and stir.
- Place the blue Jello in the refrigerator to chill slightly, you don't want to add warm Jello to the whipped topping.
- Add 2 containers of Cool Whip to a large bowl and gradually add the whipped topping to the blue Jello, stirring gently after each addition.
- After completely combined, place it in the refrigerator to chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- After the blue Jello mixture is set, transfer it to a large disposable decorator bag. **see notes
- Transfer the third container of Cool Whip to another bag.
- Snip off the tip of the bag and pipe the whipped topping onto the cherry Jello.
- Then snip off the tip of the bag with the blue Jello mixture and pipe it onto the whipped topping.
- Decorate with additional whipped topping, a cherry, and sprinkles.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- These jello parfaits should be assembled the same day you are serving them.
So fun! Pinning to make for the 4th!
The perfect treat for the 4th of July. Thanks for sharing.
What a lovely idea that I know everyone is going to enjoy! Thanks!
What a beautiful fun recipe for the holidays. Will love to make this with my kids during July 4th! Thanks for sharing.
Claudia Lamascolo says
Oh this is so pretty for the patriotic holiday thanks for sharing will make this!