Cindy's Easy Gumbo Recipe
This Sausage Gumbo recipe is quick, easy, and feeds a crowd. It serves 8 people, costs $12.46 to make and just $1.56 per serving.
Servings: 8 people
large soup pot
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into ½-inch slices (we like hot links)
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 64 oz jar Ragu or Classico pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
First, add olive oil to the bottom of a large pot and heat the pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
Next, add the remaining ingredients in the pot and increase the heat to medium-high.
Bring the mixture to a rolling bubble, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer the gumbo for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 2184mg | Potassium: 1080mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1003IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 4mg