Seven Layer Salad
Seven Layer Salad is a delicious, crunchy, bright salad recipe that’s great for potlucks, BBQs, and even holidays like Thanksgiving.
Servings: 8 people
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ head 6-8 cups lettuce, chopped *** see notes
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled and sliced lengthwise
- 8 strips bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese grated
- 4 green onions green parts sliced thinly, for garnish
In a large glass serving bowl with straight sides(we use trifle bowls), add lettuce.
Slice and add the eggs, layering them along the sides.
Continue with additional ingredients, adding the layers one on top of the other.
Spread the dressing over the top layer.
Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese and peas and cover with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Before serving, add more bacon and green onions to the top, if desired.
- The amount of lettuce needed depends on the size of the serving bowl you are using.
- You may need to adjust the other ingredients depending on the size of your serving bowl.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1181IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 1mg