Copycat Pasta e Fagioli Soup
This copycat Pasta e Fagioli soup is a delicious Olive Garden copycat recipe. It’s great for busy weeknights or a cozy winter weekend meal.
Servings: 6 people
Liquid measuring cup
Wooden mixing spoon
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound Italian Sausage mild, sweet, or hot
- 1 small Vidalia onion or yellow onion chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 large celery stalks chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can red kidney beans drained
- 15 oz can Great Northern Beans drained
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1 parmesan rind or ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional and to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
COOK MEAT AND VEGETABLES:
Once the display reads “Hot,” add the ground beef and Italian sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat has browned. Once the meat has browned, remove it with a slotted spoon. Don’t remove the liquid from the Instant Pot.
Next, add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and the liquid has evaporated.
Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Allow the spices to toast for 1 minute.
Next, add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, great northern beans, ditalini pasta, parmesan rind, and red pepper flakes.
Attach the lid and ensure the valve is in the “sealing” position. Set the timer for 4 minutes.
When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position.
- This soup can be kept warm using the “Keep Warm” function on the Instant Pot for up to one hour.
- Store any leftover soup in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- This recipe is also delicious when made with ground pork or ground turkey as well.
- Don’t drain the diced tomatoes but make sure to drain the beans!
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 609kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1333mg | Potassium: 1466mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 6483IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 6mg