Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
These Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are perfectly spiced and just the dessert for fall. This recipe makes a large batch of 24-30 cupcakes, which makes it perfect for potlucks and bake sales!
Servings: 24 people
medium mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
cookie dough scoop
piping tips and bags
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ** see note below
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 15 ounce can solid-pack pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice set aside.
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter together until light and creamy.
Add eggs and pumpkin, beat until well combined.
Gradually add flour mixture until well combined.
Divide batter into cupcake liners using a cookie dough scoop or large spoon.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Add butter and beat until smooth.
Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Beat in vanilla and cinnamon until smooth.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice in your cabinet, then you can use the following in its place: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice.
- To frost as we did in the pictures above, do the following: Fit a disposable decorating bag with a Wilton #1M decorating tip. Then fill the bag with frosting and frost in a stacked swirl.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 3411IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg