Machaca Burritos are made with beef, onions, peppers, garlic, lime juice, and seasonings. This recipe serves 10 and costs $22.40 to make. That’s just $2.24 per serving!
Servings: 10 people
- 3-4 pound chuck roast trimmed of excess fat
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 can Rotel with green chiles
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Maggi sauce or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 burrito-sized tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Shredded lettuce
Place the chuck roast into the bottom of a slow cooker insert. Layer the onion, bell peppers, and garlic cloves on top. Pour Rotel and green chiles on top.
In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, Maggi sauce, salt, oregano, and pepper. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
Use 2 forks to shred the meat.
Place meat in tortillas, top with desired toppings, and roll into burritos.
Serving: 1burrito | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 885mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 218IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 5mg