BBQ Chicken Salad
This BBQ Chicken Salad recipe is a delicious, easy recipe that feeds a crowd and satisfies everyone in the family. This recipe costs just $1.99 per serving.
Servings: 8 people
BBQ DRESSING WITH CILANTRO AND LIME:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked white rice chilled
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 15- ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled into strips
- 1 cup tortilla strips
MAKE THE SALAD:
In a large bowl add the romaine lettuce and cilantro and toss until the cilantro is evenly distributed. Place the rice evenly over the top.
In a medium bowl toss together the chicken and BBQ sauce, and then layer it on the salad.
Layer the salad with the remaining toppings: black beans, cheese, tomatoes, corn, red onion, bell pepper, carrot, and tortilla strips.
Serve the salad, passing the dressing separately.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 1210mg | Potassium: 825mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 6783IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 305mg | Iron: 4mg