Pineapple Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice is a quick and easy dinner recipe that is flavorful and a great way for using up leftover ham.
Servings: 6 people
Liquid measuring cup
small mixing bowl
FOR THE SAUCE:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
FOR FRIED RICE:
- 1 ½ Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ cups chopped ham
- 1 large red bell pepper stemmed seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 green onions white parts minced green parts cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 5 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 6 cups cooked long-grain white rice cooled to room temperature
- 1 ½ cup fresh pineapple cut into ½-inch dice
MAKE FRIED RICE:
In a large 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add ham, bell pepper, green onion whites, and yellow onion and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, 7-9 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger, stir and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add eggs to the skillet and stir them into the other ingredients.
Stir constantly until eggs are cooked, about 3 minutes.
Add rice and soy sauce mixture to skillet, stir until combined, and rice is heated through.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 1286mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 889IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg