Apple Cider Doughnut Bundt Cake
This Apple Cider Donut Cake is filled with diced apples, and apple cider and is brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. It's perfect for fall dessert or breakfast!
Servings: 12 people
FOR THE CAKE:
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large or 2 small apples peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream optional
- caramel sauce
PREHEAT OVEN AND PREP PAN:
MAKE CAKE BATTER:
Add unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together for a few minutes until lightened in color. You can also do this in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
Beat the eggs in, one at a time.
Beat in the vanilla extract, sour cream, and apple cider.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
In a small bowl, toss the apples with a teaspoon of flour. This will prevent the apples from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
Stir in the diced apples by hand and pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
FOR THE TOPPING:
In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
Brush the cake with the melted butter and sprinkle generously with the sugar mixture.
- This is the exact pan we used.
- To prevent the cake from sticking to a bundt pan, even with a complex design, you need to use baking spray with flour in it and be generous when spraying. Just buttering and flouring this type of pan is hit or miss and do not use regular baking spray. We used Pam Perfect Release baking spray but Baker’s Joy is also fine.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg