This healthy Mango Banana Smoothie recipe is so easy to make! It takes 5 minutes, serves 6, and costs just $5.31 to make. That’s only 89¢ per serving!
The temperature is warming up (Yay!) which means one thing for my house: Spring cleaning. I am all about cleaning out this time of year. Decluttering is my best friend. It just feels so good.
I think our bodies are a lot like our houses. Sometimes we junk them up and it’s good for us to clean them out. This Mango Banana Smoothie recipe is the perfect jump start for your body’s Spring Cleaning!
This smoothie is full of mangos, bananas, spinach, and flaxseed creating a healthy and delicious smoothie. The other great part of this recipe is that it is kid-tested and mom-approved. Our kids love this version just as much as our Green Smoothie!
That’s a win-win, friends. Eating healthy has never tasted so good! Make this Mango and Banana Smoothie for breakfast or a quick snack today and find out for yourself!
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe Questions Answered:
What fruits go well with mango?
Mango goes well with a lot of other fruits. Our favorite is bananas! They taste so good together. However, they also go well with pineapple, cherries, strawberries, and coconut.
Can you freeze mangoes?
How to Make Mango Banana Recipe:
- First, add the almond milk, water, spinach, and seeds into the blender. Blend together until all the leafy chunks are gone.
- Next, add the mango, peaches, and banana and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them add the ingredients into the blender. They can also help place straws into the smoothies before serving.
- Ages 4-5: Help them measure out the ingredients and pour them into the blender. They can also help by getting the glasses out for the finished smoothie.
- Ages 6-8: Teach them to use the blender so they can begin to make this recipe on their own.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
The flavor and Recipe Variations:
- Add strawberries, peaches, or coconut for a fun twist.
- You can also use different greens like kale, arugula, and swiss chard.
More Healthy Recipes:
- 15-Minute Skillet Tilapia
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- Easy Chana Masala
- Easy Oven Baked Salmon
- Green Smoothie
- Grab and Go Yogurt Parfait Boxes
- Healthy Greek Mason Jar Salads
- Homemade Granola
- Italian Zucchini Boats
- Mexican Chicken Rice Bowls
How long is this good for:
- Serve: You’ll need to refrigerate this mango smoothie within 30-60 minutes of making it before you have a soupy mess on your hands.
- Store: You can store leftover smoothie for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. I just keep it in the blender canister. You don’t want it to sit for longer than that because the spinach will darken and start to discolor.
- Freeze: You can freeze individual smoothie servings in Ziploc bags. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and you’ll have smoothies ready in the morning. Sometimes I have to put the smoothie back in the blender to break up any lingering frozen chunks.
How much will this cost:
RECIPE COST: $5.31
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.89
- 2 cups almond milk – $0.64
- 2 cups baby spinach – $0.94
- 1 cup water – $0.00
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed – $0.08
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango – $1.98
- 1 medium banana – $0.24
- 2 cups frozen peaches – $1.43
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
Mango Banana Smoothie
- Large measuring cup
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 ½ cups frozen mango
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1 medium banana broken into 4 pieces
- Add the almond milk, water, spinach, and flaxseeds into the blender. Blend together until all the leafy chunks are gone. Add the mango, peaches, and banana and blend again until smooth.