This Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce recipe tastes just like the real thing. It takes just 2 minutes to make, makes 16 servings, and costs $1.66 to make. That’s just 11¢ per serving!
I try not to eat out at fast-food chains very often. It’s expensive and not to mention it is not the healthiest. Having said that, there are just those times that I get a craving for certain fast food items.
Chick-Fil-A is at the top of my list of places that I crave from time to time! Don’t even get me started on their Peppermint Shakes! That is a story for a whole different post. Today we are sharing our Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce with you.
Chick Fil A Sauce Recipe
This sauce is almost good enough to drink through a straw just like their Peppermint Shake. Ok, maybe that is taking it a little too far, but this Copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce really is the BEST. It comes together in just 2 minutes and cost pennies per serving to make.
You can make this Homemade Chick-Fil-A sauce and satisfy all your fast food cravings without leaving the comfort of your home. How great is that? It is actually made with basic ingredients that you may just already have on hand. And your kids can totally make this recipe all by themselves, it is just that easy.
So the next time you get a craving, skip the drive-thru line and make our Homemade Chicken Fingers recipe to go along with this Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce instead. Everyone will love both of these recipes!
What is Chick-Fil-A sauce made of?
Our Copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce is made of honey, mayonnaise, mustard, BBQ sauce, and lemon juice.
How much is Chick-Fil-A sauce?
You can buy Chick-Fil-A Sauce in a 16-ounce jar starting at $3.49. That is crazy-town! Stick with us to see how you can make it at a more reasonable price than that!
How to Make Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe:
- First, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Next, whisk until combined.
- Finally, serve or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to get the kids involved with this recipe:
- Ages 2-3: Let them help mix the ingredients together.
- Ages 4-5: Let them help measure out the ingredients before mixing together. I’m sure they’d love to be your official taste-testers, too.
- Ages 6-8: This is a great recipe to let them try measuring it out and mixing it together on their own.
- Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
- Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe, unsupervised, while you do the happy dance in the corner!
Discover why we love getting the kids involved in the kitchen and more tips in our How to Get Kids Involved In Cooking article.
What to Serve with Copycat Chik-Fil-A Sauce:
- Our Homemade Chicken Fingers are the perfect sidekick to this sauce.
How long is this good for:
- Serve: You can keep the sauce at room temperature for up to 2 hours before you will need to store it in the refrigerator.
- Store: This will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
- Freeze: Sorry, this sauce does not freeze well. Upon thawing, you’ll have a watery mess.
How much will this Copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce cost:
RECIPE COST: $1.66
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.11
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise – $0.80
- 1/4 cup honey – $0.17
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard – $0.18
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard – $0.04
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce – $0.40
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice – $0.07
To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out Budget Recipes Explained.
More $5 Recipes:
- Best Homemade White Bread
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Chocolate Wacky Cake
- Corn Muffins
- Crock Pot Greek Yogurt
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Braid
- English Muffin Pizzas
- French Toast with Blueberry Syrup
- Green Smoothie
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Red Velvet Buttermilk Waffles
Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce
- Measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- mixing bowl
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Serve right away or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.