The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies couldn’t get any easier. All you need are five ingredients and 10 minutes of active prep time!
These cookies cost approximately $4.84 to make. The recipe makes twenty-four cookies for about $0.20 per cookie.
These soft and chewy cookies have a chocolate base and are full of peanut butter chips. And they could not be easier to make! The recipe only calls for five ingredients. Using a cake mix takes out the extra steps of adding additional ingredients and creates extra soft cookies.
Grab the kiddos to help make these Heavenly cookies. The kiddos can easily make these easy-to-assemble cookies with your supervision.
They will make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie recipe alone while you relax in the other room. Now, that is Heaven!
Ingredients & Estimated Cost:
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- First, line the baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Next, mix the chocolate cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla using a large bowl.
- Then, stir the peanut butter chips and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Set the bowl in the fridge to chill for twenty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the dough into balls and set them on the prepared baking sheets. Lightly press down on the tops of the dough balls and lightly press the extra peanut butter chips to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking.
- Finally, remove them from the oven and let the cookies cool completely before serving.
***For complete recipe instructions, see the recipe card below.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Instead of peanut butter chips, you can use chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, mint, etc.
- This recipe doubles, triples, etc., nicely!
SERVE: Cake mix cookies tend to be very delicate when they first come out of the oven. Let them cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet to serve.
STORE: You can keep the cookies in a covered container at room temperature for 3-4 days before they become stale.
FREEZE: You can make the cookie dough ahead of time and freeze it. Scoop it into mounds and freeze it on baking sheets for an hour. Then, transfer the frozen dough to freezer-safe containers or Ziploc bags for up to 1 month.
Using a cake mix as the batter helps create moist cookies. Be sure not to overcook the cookies, as that can dry the cookies out as well.
We do not recommend leaving the eggs out of these cookies.
One thing that helps with this is to chill the dough for twenty minutes before cooking them.
Get Kids Involved
Ages 2-3: Ask your kiddos to press the peanut butter chips on the dough balls. Practice their counting skills with them as they count the number of chips they put on each dough ball.
Ages 4-5: Have your child mix the ingredients in the bowl. This is a great recipe for measuring and mixing skills, as there are only a few ingredients.
Ages 6-8: Your child can help by scooping the dough into dough balls and placing them on the baking sheet. This will be a great skill for them to learn at a young age as it will help them in other cookie recipes.
Ages 9-11: Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Remember to have them read it twice before beginning the recipe.
Ages 12+: Let them prepare the entire recipe unsupervised while you do the happy dance in the corner!
These cookies are an excellent option for bringing to a party. You can double the recipe at only about $0.20 per cookie and still be under budget!
- Cherry Pie Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Dulce De Leche Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookie Recipe
- Old Fashioned Icebox Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sweet Potato Oat Cookies
- Reese’s Stuffed Cookies
- Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- baking sheets
- mixing bowl
- 1-inch Tablespoon scoop
- mixing spoon
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10- ounce package peanut butter chips
PREP BAKING SHEETS:
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
MAKE COOKIE DOUGH:
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips, reserving about ½ cup for later.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Move the oven racks to the lover-middle and upper-middle positions and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the dough into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Lightly press down on the tops.
- Add a few extra peanut butter chips to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Do not overbake.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheets before serving, about 1 hour.